Give Back Friday Post (What do Content Creation Goal's look like?)

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
I wanted to share with everyone my personal weekly content creation list.

I'm an inbound guy. I don't want to chase leads or talk to people that "forgot" they send in a lead card. While I do have a DM method, the whole CTA is wrapped around them reaching out to me by email or a call.

So, why is content creation vital to you?

1) It works 24/7/365
2) Leads reach out to you, which makes them feel in charge.. but it does the opposite. It gives YOU a ton of leverage as YOU are the expert THEY need.
3) It builds trust. Everything about you should say, "I'm not trying to just take your money."
4) It lets YOU learn more about your industry. It keeps you abreast of changes and communicates new information effectively to others.
5) The sales process becomes so much less stressful and easier.

Con's:
It takes a while. You will not see IMMEDIATE SUCCESS in a content creation strategy.
You will hit a roadblock, mentally, about what to write about (use google alerts to your advantage)
There will be days or even a week where no one will reach out (That's why it's important to have multiple streams of leads)
It can be overwhelming- There's so many social media platforms out there and you might feel you have to join them all.. You don't. I, personally, actively use 2 (LinkedIN and Youtube), and am passively working on Facebook, because of sheer volume of people.

Key Tips:
*Don't look at content creation as spending your time. Instead, think of it as investing your time.
*Don't get discouraged that nothing happens after a month or two.

*Be selective and participate with purpose.

I broke this out because people just post about insurance, insurance, insurance.. "We have X insurance, call us.." Don't do that. 80% of your content should be informative about their issues, 20% should be about what you offer. An example, I have started to use LinkedIn more aggressively. I'm setting up the foundation that I am the expert right now. I am not trying to get B2C leads. What I want to do is build the foundation to expand my business network to other businesses (think HR people.)

Then, I just want to give value. I want them to reach out to me when they have questions concerning Medicare for their employees. My eventual goal is to set up semi-annual seminars with their company for their employees that would be transitioning to Medicare.

I also utilize LinkedIn and Youtube because they have a larger network than I do. I don't care they make money off of me in ad revenue. I care that I can reach a wider audience... I make money selling policies, not selling ads.

Give, give, give again, give one more time, ask.

Below, you'll see my standard Weekly content list. Haro is more of a goal, because sometimes stuff just doesn't come out that I'm a good fit for. Facebook is something I literally decided to do this week. The book, I'm super stoked about doing.

Is it guaranteed to work? Lord no, but does it give a lot of value without asking anything from the person reading it? Lord yes.

Screenshot 2022-04-29 105303.png

Awesome post!

Give, give, give again, give one more time, ask.

This is super important, and it's something I learned the hard way. It's tempting to put content behind a gate and ask prospects to give up contact info to access it. So you get a "lead," but it kinda defeats the purpose of inbound marketing. I believe the foundation of content creation shouldn't be generating leads, but generating revenue.

If you build it, they will come. Slowly, sure...it takes patience. In the meantime, vanity metrics may show whether or not the content strategy is on the right track.

Back