Going through a rough patch

Well, he damn sure aint referring to me... I sit on here and attempt to gather knowledge of things that have happened in the market place... things like what is Humana doing what did Cigna do to a client last nigh... crap like that.... it dosen't matter one stinkin' bit what i know or don't know... If I think I can offer some type of wisdom about my past experiences than I will post it..FREE if i feel compelled to offer up how I sell a case... then I will, FREE... if u like what I say... use it, I hope it works....

In regards to what my 16 years of experience in only health insurance gives me.... only a few things that I feel are of value... 1) I have been lucky enough to build a large client base that pays me a check every month....YIPPEE!! 2) I have pert near tried every way to acheive my goals from writing with advancing MGA'S to dealing with companies direct... thaat affordes me the experience to shed light on the pitfalls agents face when dealing with problems. 3) I'm blunt as hell and I pull NO punches... I call a spade a spade, and if you don't like it the go pee pee up a rope... if I say something that offends yiou, then chances are my post are about you. See, I just dont give a rats arse if you like me or not.... I know who I am, what I am and where i am at in my insurance practice. t's called being compleatly confident and secure in my own skin....Am i a nut... oh yea, u bet... I never take anything or anyone to serious. Life is a game and i'm holding pocket aces, and the flop just came ace, ace, king... I'm all in!!

Peace

See now that makes no sense, when I said something to the effect of "if it offends you it must have hit a nerve" I was shredded, so how can you tell me there's no click on here by you old timers?

You guys calling yourselves the experts need to think back to when you had just a few months in the business and felt confused and lost.

Back in my day no one would even give you the time of day let alone try and help you make it in the biz.....the only ones were agency managers(lots of one sided advice) because the other agents look at you as the competition....and that was the people you worked with not counting all the other agents that were really your competition...this board has more info on it than I could have gathered in 3 years on my own....don't look a gift horse in the mouth....and take what is useful to you and makes since to you......

Well, if you reread the posts, Peeler and Mohealth are in bed together, after the enlightening "I'm so glad I'm as earned" comment from Peeler, John commented about taking the advance. Bill3173 agreed with John's point.

And of course, Mo health had a difference of opinion and voiced it: "you mean to tell me . . ." in refernce to John's post, basically forgetting Bill's comment.

Then Mohealth defends Peeler. So is Mohealth Peeler's nephew or something?

And if you really want to talk about misleading the new bees, ask them what they think about the 'experts'

Alright, I feel your frustration. Lemme take a crack at some of this.

Why are you so fixed on each month being your unit of measure?

Were you doing anything in June that you're not doing now?
(make sure you get introspective - and honest with yourself).

What do you mean by BS leads? Who are you buying them from?

"Foot dragging" and "stalls" are generally due to to incomplete/improper qualification on the front end...

Will await your reply.

I've been in sales for a long time. Slow periods happen. As my previous post displays, my only frustration is the responses that come through that have nothing to do with the original post and everything to do with someiones desire to hear themselves talk.

As for your questions (and thank you for your insight)...

I dont really feel I'm doing anything different except working even harder. June gave me a taste of the good life so I ramped up activity. More calls, more follow ups with old leads and I even bit the bullet and spent a large chunk on leads (Prosepct Zone). And to my surprise it has turned into less production.

I guess the whole foot dragging thing is irritating because I havent really had that issue before. But maybe your right...in the midst of trying to do more, perhaps I'm not doing the basics well enough. Eye Opening! Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been in sales for a long time. Slow periods happen. As my previous post displays, my only frustration is the responses that come through that nothing to do with the original post and everything to do with someines desire to hear themselves talk.

Maybe you failed to notice that every single post goes awry, people have even commented about goats!!! I even mentioned it in a post. That's how it goes on here.

How can you single anyone out?

Well, if you reread the posts, Peeler and Mohealth are in bed together, after the enlightening "I'm so glad I'm as earned" comment from Peeler, John commented about taking the advance. Bill3173 agreed with John's point.

Then Mohealth defends Peeler. So is Mohealth Peeler's nephew or something?

Thak just sounds confusing... My wife might have a problem sharing the bed... but she is a Swedish citizen... u never know!!

Back