Going through a rough patch

Some folks can master this business in a relatively short while, but others spend years and never seem to learn anything.

I know. I have worked with too many agents over the years and am absolutely astounded at how many have made it for 10 - 20 years or longer and are just as misinformed now as they were the first day in the business.

Most of the ones who make it past the first few years but never learned the industry are good sales people but lousy agents. It seems they are constantly chasing the fast buck and offering plans that constantly blow up.

They move on to the next prospect and next "big deal" and leave a mess behind for the rest of us to clean up.

I know agents who churn clients, sell on price even if it means coverage that is lacking, and there are some who are more like a peddler trying to see how many policies they can write on one client.

Some of them make it, some don't.

Great post. Time does not = Ethics. I know of a certain agency owner - over 12 years in the biz - teaching all of his agents to flip their entire book each year to grab the 1st year commish.

Should he be training?

Actually, I don't think I defended anything, I just kidded around, man you have a thin skin. And please refrain from vulgarities on the forum, haven't you read the rules?

First off Hoss no one used "vulgarities".... If i want a real dose of the dirty words I will move back into my appt at 52 and 8th in Mid Town Manhattan. Or I will take the short one hour drive to Long Beach and lay on the beach all day with that cold arse water and keep pouring my beer into a cup so the lifeguard police won't write me a ticket.

Thin skin?... lol, thats the pot calling the kettle black.

First off Hoss no one used "vulgarities".... If i want a real dose of the dirty words I will move back into my appt at 52 and 8th in Mid Town Manhattan. Or I will take the short one hour drive to Long Beach and lay on the beach all day with that cold arse water and keep pouring my beer into a cup so the lifeguard police won't write me a ticket.

Thin skin?... lol, thats the pot calling the kettle black.

So I guess using letters makes it less vulgar to you?

"what's your f-ing problem... u f's"

No thin skin here anymore, I realized where it's coming from and it no longer bothers me, haven't you noticed?

You guys remind me of a couple of third graders. Here's what I expect to read next, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Then you can plug your ears and go, "nah nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you...."

You guys remind me of a couple of third graders. Here's what I expect to read next, "I know you are, but what am I?"

Then you can plug your ears and go, "nah nah nah nah nah, I can't hear you...."

Interesting point Paul, I'll keep it in mind for the future to not engage in drivel and stay with what's relevant, which will eliminate half of the posts and narrow down my time spent on here.

Thanks!

This is why I rarely post anything on this board. All the "EXPERTS" spend thier time whining at eachother like school kids. I wish I hadnt posted this topic.

Nothing of real value here unless you like the playground. Simply embarassing!

Its hard to give a person pushing a so called service for $200 any respect when 90% of his posts are based on childish agruements about who knows more than the next guy or elementary formulas of 15 policies of this = $2000 of that minus $700 of ROI. Give me a break. The arrogance is enough to make you puke. This ego-driven mentality has ruined one of the best resources we have. I feel sorry for the people who bought into this crap and paid for a "membership".

The whole premious of this board has been totally lost!

Remember when a more experienced agent would offer his knowledge and experience to the new guy out of the shear fact that it was a great thing to do?

You guys calling yourselves the experts need to think back to when you had just a few months in the business and felt confused and lost. What happened to just reaching down and lifting the next guy up without trying to reach into his pocket (shallow pockets that is).... You guys are no different than all of these shady lead companies...take advantage of the rookies to fatten your own pockets.....shameful!

Back