Good Article Calls BS on 50 Million Uninsured

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
I was hoping someone was going to call out the fact that 50 million uninsured Americans is nothing more than...well a dead out lie.

Obamacare: Are 50 million–Americans Really Unable to Get Health Insurance? Nope. Closer to 12 Million » Secondhand Smoke | A First Things Blog

They hit the number a bit more on target from what was reported a months ago - that around 15 million Americans want to have health insurance but are unable to attain it. A far cry from the false 50 million designed to elicit an emotional response.

Raise your hand if you ever sold health insurance in-home. Now raise your hand if you left without a deal while quoting $300/mo premiums to a family of four as you walked past their new Explorer to hop back in your car.

I was hoping someone was going to call out the fact that 50 million uninsured Americans is nothing more than...well a dead out lie.

Obamacare: Are 50 million–Americans Really Unable to Get Health Insurance? Nope. Closer to 12 Million » Secondhand Smoke | A First Things Blog

They hit the number a bit more on target from what was reported a months ago - that around 15 million Americans want to have health insurance but are unable to attain it. A far cry from the false 50 million designed to elicit an emotional response.

Raise your hand if you ever sold health insurance in-home. Now raise your hand if you left without a deal while quoting $300/mo premiums to a family of four as you walked past their new Explorer to hop back in your car.

Fast forward 4 more years and how often do you think this will continue to happen the familiy is GI but decides to pass on the $1000 per month premium and we end up with 100 Million uninsured oh but by that time the Annointed one will be out of office....I wonder as we look back on past presidents some time in the future if Obama will be looked upon as one of the worst Presidents in history?

It was years ago that I got my real taste of apathy. Single mom, two kids came through on an internet lead.

Clearly she couldn't afford health insurance so based on her income to told her about MCHIP - free coverage in MD for her kids. Of course, I caught her at the wrong time to actually to go the MCHIP site so I could walk her through it. Told me to call back.

I called back the next day, asked if she went to the MCHIP site. She said no and also that I was calling at another bad time.

"if Obama will be looked upon as one of the worst Presidents in history?"

In the future? I won't wait but today I would give give him the trophy for worst!!

Fast forward 4 more years and how often do you think this will continue to happen the familiy is GI but decides to pass on the $1000 per month premium and we end up with 100 Million uninsured oh but by that time the Annointed one will be out of office....I wonder as we look back on past presidents some time in the future if Obama will be looked upon as one of the worst Presidents in history?

There's no amount of empirical evidence anyone can provide that will convince the left that this health care reform bill is bad for our country.

Even as rates continue to increase more rapidly than in previous years, the left will continue to blame anything and everything other than HCR. And as has been discussed on this forum, will result in more outcry from the left as a reason to move to a single payer system.

The majority of our citizens are just fat, dumb and happy. Only after it reaches their pocketbook will they complain. By that time it will be too late.

I'm just the opposite of the current first lady. While she has finally gotten to a point to be proud of this country, I am getting to the point where I'm not too fond of what the liberals are doing to this country. The pendulum has swung too far to the left and I'm afraid the damage may be beyond repair.

It was years ago that I got my real taste of apathy. Single mom, two kids came through on an internet lead.

Clearly she couldn't afford health insurance so based on her income to told her about MCHIP - free coverage in MD for her kids. Of course, I caught her at the wrong time to actually to go the MCHIP site so I could walk her through it. Told me to call back.

I called back the next day, asked if she went to the MCHIP site. She said no and also that I was calling at another bad time.

The mandate is a freaking joke, whether its implemented or not. A lot of these people don't care if the Sun comes up tomorrow.

In it's present form, the HCR is not going to reduce the number of uninsured in this country. They will have to pay agents an MA type commission to go around and sign people up.

The average person that doesn't sell health wouldn't realize how ludicrous the idea that the uninsured are going to run to sign up for health insurance, even if it were free. Maybe, if it came with a cell phone or something similar.

Back