Good Conferences to go to in 2023 as a new FE Agent

Why wait for a conference when you can learn more than you'll ever need right here.

As far as FE, one of the best just answered your question. That would be JD. I've learned a boat load about FE just from reading his posts over the years,

Newby and Todd King are good to learn from. Read everything they post for FE.

For Medicare read everything you can find by Somarco for Supps and by Chasm for MA. They know their stuff.

Another would Goillini. He's been around for years and knows his stuff. He's the 2nd biggest smartass on the forum. The biggest would be me.

There's plenty of others I read. Naming them all would take all day.

Read their posts and you'll learn more than you would ever learn at any conference.

Good Luck!

The only challenge with that for a working agent is the amount of time it takes to wade through 4-5 years of forum posts.

In most cases. this is a business, not a job. If you don't take the time to educate yourself then you're going to fail.

That holds true for almost any new business owner.
I think I understand that, at least in a general sense and I agree there is a lot of information here.
However, I will stick with what I said because the information here is not easily accessible.

Pretend you are a new agent, with "study for the exam" experience and maybe a very small bit of input from an insurance friend or agent.

Now try sifting 5 years of posts from goillini or somarco, or yourself for that matter, and then a) come up with the ones that are actually about selling insurance, and b) the ones that are really important for you to know your first 6 months in the business. See how long it takes you and what info you have at the end.

Or I think another agent the poster I responded to mentioned in his post has changed his approach to the business 3 times in the last few years and a new forum member is not going to have the reading history here to understand that and to understand why some earlier approaches were discarded.

And covid, electronic technology, and CMS may have also made some changes in approach necessary. A new person may not be able to easily sift posts from those perspectives.

For someone who has the license and has started spending money on leads and other costs, and needs money coming in, I think there are likely less time consuming ways than scrolling through tons of old site posts to get starting basic information.

Pretend you are a new agent, with "study for the exam" experience and maybe a very small bit of input from an insurance friend or agent.

Now try sifting 5 years of posts from goillini or somarco, or yourself for that matter, and then
It almost took me five years to read your post.

Where did I say in my post that they had to read it all in one day? Nor did I say anything about the forum being their only source of education.

As for Goillini and Somarco, I don't know either one. And they don't me from Adam's house cat. But I respect what's between their ears. Knowledge. They don't teach that at a conference or rah rah meeting.

And as far as your new agent: What if Todd or Newby or Wino or Tahoe happened to post something that helped steer your new agent away from all of the pimps and posers that are on the forum. Sure are plenty of those on here.

Go back and read the OP's question. He asked about a conference for FE. His first answer was from JD. The correct one.

Why wait for a conference when you can learn more than you'll ever need right here.

As far as FE, one of the best just answered your question. That would be JD. I've learned a boat load about FE just from reading his posts over the years,

Newby and Todd King are good to learn from. Read everything they post for FE.

For Medicare read everything you can find by Somarco for Supps and by Chasm for MA. They know their stuff.

Another would Goillini. He's been around for years and knows his stuff. He's the 2nd biggest smartass on the forum. The biggest would be me.

There's plenty of others I read. Naming them all would take all day.

Read their posts and you'll learn more than you would ever learn at any conference.

Good Luck!

Another forum member I would mention by name is lifehawk. I find his encouragement posts to other forum members to be quite insightful.

Back