"Grinds my Gears"-For Agents to Vent

Never deal w/ attorneys & yes, engineers are the worst. That being said, I blanket hate everybody from all professions at this point.

I'm 32. I was thrown out at 18 & paid my way through college waiting tables & owned my 1st home at 21 years old. Owned my own business for years now. Tell that 30 year old mama's boy to grow up.

Everybody is an @sshole, everybody is a liar. But hey it makes a ton of money so we deal with it....so welcome to insurance!

Contractors, man. Reading AZDave story makes me remember why I refuse to write them. 90% of them are the same. If you're $100 too high, you're history. I'll only write contractors who I know and have a solid working relationship with. The others can take a hike, I just don't have the patience or time to deal with the every single year shopping.

Truckers are about the same too. I willingly write WC for truckers just because I have an excellent product for it and it lands a few. But I don't ever bank on them being around for too long.

Contractors, man. Reading AZDave story makes me remember why I refuse to write them. 90% of them are the same. If you're $100 too high, you're history. I'll only write contractors who I know and have a solid working relationship with. The others can take a hike, I just don't have the patience or time to deal with the every single year shopping.

Truckers are about the same too. I willingly write WC for truckers just because I have an excellent product for it and it lands a few. But I don't ever bank on them being around for too long.

Contractors, Truckers and Restaurants. Every year, expect to get shopped,...hard.

I get a call for the second time in less than a month from customer questioning bill. Explain increases as I did before, multiple claims, surcharge, etc. He asks me to look into claims and explain. 4 claims in less than a year, 2 with non disclosed driver in household. Wants to argue about at fault or not, says claims were not handled correctly. I ask about undisclosed driver (his son) and I am told it is not important (kid is 28). Says if I can't lower premium he will leave.
I asked what date I should place on the termination paperwork

I get a call for the second time in less than a month from customer questioning bill. Explain increases as I did before, multiple claims, surcharge, etc. He asks me to look into claims and explain. 4 claims in less than a year, 2 with non disclosed driver in household. Wants to argue about at fault or not, says claims were not handled correctly. I ask about undisclosed driver (his son) and I am told it is not important (kid is 28). Says if I can't lower premium he will leave.
I asked what date I should place on the termination paperwork

I was in the business maybe 9 months. I was training a new agent for the staff manager (yeah, I know. blind leading the blind). We go see this guy. Wealthy neighborhood. He was a jerk setting the appointment to begin with. We get there and he just about closes the door in my face as the 24 year old hottie agent walks in in front of me. We sit at the table and he pulls the bit where we are sitting as he stands looking down on us. As I am reviewing his policy statement he is interrupting me and talking down to me all the while playing up to the young female agent. There were some Bene wording problems and he was on disability and may qualify for the WP. He finally says I want this and that or "I will cancel this $&$@#ng policy. right now!" I am less than a year out of the construction trades and fuming. I whip out a service form, as he is talking I am filling it out. I turn it around and tell him to sign at the X. He asks what it is and I tell him to just sign the %@$#*&^# form and it will cancel his policy. "What about the disability waiver?" I tell him he won't have it if the policy is canceled. I shove the pen into his hand and tell him to mail the form in. The female agent is just staring at the floor the whole time. We headed to the bar from there. One of the most liberating appointment I have ever had.

I have sent surrender paperwork to more than one person. The funny thing is some of these people wind up great clients and referral bases.

I have sent surrender paperwork to more than one person. The funny thing is some of these people wind up great clients and referral bases.

Some of them just need to know you aren't going to put up with ****. And for the rest, kick'em to the curb.

Latest posts

Back