Guidance for New Life Agents

You're just about there!

You'll get some good tips from Lew. If you buy one of his systems, I think he includes a couple months of free training. It'll be helpful.

I've always meant to order the Advanced Fact-Finding DVDs (how to close 9 out of 10) that he offers. When I got the mortgage kit, Lew was doing webinars on fact-finding, so I just reference those. His transition in how to begin the appointment and move smoothly into the fact-find is GREAT!

Now, I've been talking about transactional selling and then following up with a fact-finder and a more appropriate (and better) solution.

Lew will teach you to do the fact-finder FIRST before making ANY recommendations. Don't expect to do a complete fact-finder with people who are working on the job. You'll do it in your office, or in their home. He'll teach you to become a Financial Advisor, instead of "just a salesperson".

(I see nothing wrong with being a salesperson as long as you keep in regular contact with your policy holders. His systems talk all about that too.)

Just notice the differences. Nothing wrong with either one. The difference is that you might write a LOT of term WHILE you're doing fact-finding sessions! Definitely nothing wrong with that picture! And some people who will buy term from you WON'T want a complete fact-finder. That's okay. They're still a policy holder. Just keep in regular contact.

Yeah, i think he told me twice a month for an hour each for three months on the phone with him if i buy his systems... I think ill go for his recommendation and go with found money management, make another sale, then go for the advanced fact finding.

I think this is my future:

ill be a salesman (transactional selling with factfinder followup) until i sell FIVE 50/month term policies. (is it possible to sell 5 term policies by transaction selling in one day)?

then the rest of the week, im on Financial Advisor status.. the reason im so interested in insuranceproshop guys is because thats exactly what I want to be, a financial advisor.

You have been such a great help DHK. Thank you very much!

ill be a salesman (transactional selling with factfinder followup) until i sell FIVE 50/month term policies. (is it possible to sell 5 term policies by transaction selling in one day)?

Of course it's possible. It all depends on how many people you talk to in a day, how many appointments you set, and how well you are politely closing within the sales appointment.

This is why you should focus on massive activity.

BTW, focusing on term sales does NOT exclude doing in-depth fact finding. The compliment each other for a full day of activity.

If you're not prospecting, you're seeing people. If you're seeing people, you're either selling a term policy or you're going more "in-depth" with them to help them solve multiple problems.

Keep your focus there and measure your results.

Just for clarification for me and the rest of the new guys reading this... if you want, can you do a little role-paly on paper just exactly how a transactional sell would occur.. kind of like a script.. as real as possible... if you wouldl like sir..you have already been a great help..

As a newbie I really appreciate all the veterans reaching back and helping. You didn't have to but I'm glad you did. Many thanks.

Some great info in this thread

As a potential newbie in this industry its nice to read some experiences from the "field" rather than just what the chop shops market as "working" for them.

My marketing plan is a captive union audience that I am a member of - lots of folks who need disability coverage and other protections but are very hesitant to work with folks from the "outside"

The short 10 sec approach seems to be a great fit for my initial market as well as the secondary hispanic business owner market locally.

Thanks guys :cool: Glad I found this board.

Some great info in this thread

As a potential newbie in this industry its nice to read some experiences from the "field" rather than just what the chop shops market as "working" for them.

My marketing plan is a captive union audience that I am a member of - lots of folks who need disability coverage and other protections but are very hesitant to work with folks from the "outside"

The short 10 sec approach seems to be a great fit for my initial market as well as the secondary hispanic business owner market locally.

Thanks guys :cool: Glad I found this board.

I do not know much about the Union market, other than it seems to be easy to replace.

The Hispanic business owner market would be great. Bilingual would be good but not needed. Of course that market changes from Hispanic business owners to business owners one or two generations here. Same as any other ethnic group.

IMHO

Just for clarification for me and the rest of the new guys reading this... if you want, can you do a little role-paly on paper just exactly how a transactional sell would occur.. kind of like a script.. as real as possible... if you wouldl like sir..you have already been a great help..

You can't "script" a role-play. Role-playing is done with another agent, spouse, manager or just someone else who will help you to hear yourself as you practice.

The key questions to ask are already on the 1st page of this thread.

Be direct. Be sincere. Be genuine. Then others can be direct and sincere back with you.

You won't get as many appointments as you would if you were offering a "financial review" or some other bull**** reason.

Be ready to hear the "dreaded" word: "no".

The key is this: How often are you hearing the word "no" every day? Become uncomfortable when you're not hearing enough "no's" every day - because then you know that you're not doing the job (prospecting) enough.

Developing a general outline of a script is fine, but there is only one way to find out how it works. Trial by fire in the field. Most scripts/presentations I spend time putting together in the office quickly get altered in the field.

Back