Guidance for New Life Agents

Love this post! I'm going to have to print it out and post it up in my office. These are great points. I'm definitely lacking in a few areas now that you've laid it all out like this. Thanks!

Thanks you DHK for a very good write up. Some very good info to life by.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So DHK, I see you are in CA also. How to you call prospects with the do not call in place. Is there an inexpensive way around this. Thanks

Last edited:
You need to have 2 perspectives with DNC:
- Avoiding a complaint
- Doing right by those you contact

To avoid a complaint, it's pretty easy:

- Be nice to those on the phone.

- If they say "I'm on the DNC." You simply state "I'm sorry. I'll update my records." And never call that number again. You should have your own personal DNC list maintained.

Additional steps:

- Never call from a phone in your firm. It has caller ID and must display the name of the firm. If you get someone who has been called by other advisors in your firm, you could be 'the lucky one' that they finally pull the trigger on. Use a personal line - like a cell phone or Vonage or whatever.

- Get work numbers for your prospects. Business phone numbers are exempt from DNC registration. This may also lend itself for co-worker referrals if you meet them at their office.

Ideally:

- Always call people who are expecting your call. This is best done through referrals and having a referral introduction piece so others will expect your call. Even if they say 'no', they won't be rude about it - out of respect for you and the person referring you.

- Work business owner leads and referrals for maximum daytime activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to have 2 perspectives with DNC:
- Avoiding a complaint
- Doing right by those you contact

To avoid a complaint, it's pretty easy:

- Be nice to those on the phone.

- If they say "I'm on the DNC." You simply state "I'm sorry. I'll update my records." And never call that number again. You should have your own personal DNC list maintained.

Additional steps:

- Never call from a phone in your firm. It has caller ID and must display the name of the firm. If you get someone who has been called by other advisors in your firm, you could be 'the lucky one' that they finally pull the trigger on. Use a personal line - like a cell phone or Vonage or whatever.

- Get work numbers for your prospects. Business phone numbers are exempt from DNC registration. This may also lend itself for co-worker referrals if you meet them at their office.

Ideally:

- Always call people who are expecting your call. This is best done through referrals and having a referral introduction piece so others will expect your call. Even if they say 'no', they won't be rude about it - out of respect for you and the person referring you.

- Work business owner leads and referrals for maximum daytime activity.

Ed Morrow RME Super Cruise - YouTube

Get info thanks DHK!

This is an incredible post. I wish i would have read this thread 2 months ago. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom in such a kind way. I've been seeing that there are a lot of truly genuine people that post here.

Kindest regards,
Donnie

Back