Guy Walks into a Bar...

Walks up to the bartender and says I'll have an Obamacare!

Bartender says I'm not familiar with that drink what's in it?

Man says a glass of ice filled halfway with bourbon and then the rest with coke.

Bartender says oh we call that a bourbon and coke here why do you call it an Obamacare?

Man says you see that guy at the end of the bar? (Bartender nods)

Put it on his tab!:D

We write clients off when what they bring in trouble and higher than normal service issues overreaches the income or referral potential. Those that are "high maintenance" will rarely be talking highly of any part of their insurance experiences... including the agent.

We write clients off when what they bring in trouble and higher than normal service issues overreaches the income or referral potential. Those that are "high maintenance" will rarely be talking highly of any part of their insurance experiences... including the agent.

It's not at all worth it. This guy sent me an email asking why it mattered that his income was lower than stated (I have probably told him this answer at least 3X).

My response email was another explanation plus telling him there was nothing I could do regarding this situation, that I had gone above and beyond the level of support almost all other agents would provide. That was over two weeks ago and amazingly, I haven't heard from him since, it's been a pleasure :yes:

Remember- in this business, we can pick our clients. We don't have to work with those that drive us nuts, or aren't nice, or are weird, or smell bad, have fleas, etc. Maybe at one time we took whoever came through the door, but after awhile, it's okay to be choosy. I have a standard letter that I send to those clients that are just too much. "I am very sorry, but I can't possibly provide the service you deserve. Here's the name and number of _____(an agent that I'm not fond of).

We don't have to waste time with idiots/jerks. There are other agents that can do that for us. I like to come to work each day and have fun with my clients. It makes our, already difficult career, that much better.

I have a standard letter that I send to those clients that are just too much. "I am very sorry, but I can't possibly provide the service you deserve. Here's the name and number of _____(an agent that I'm not fond of).

I would change the word "deserve" to "expect" or "require." Most clients like that don't deserve the extra attention.

I actually had one client last week that hadn't filed their 2014 taxes, had 2014 on-ex insurances, get that robo call about making sure they filed and my newsletter mentioning the same. They wanted to bring in their information and for "me" to help with filing their taxes.

me: "I can't do that, I'm not a tax professional and that is outside the scope of my business."

them: "But you understand this stuff, we just need help doing it right."

me: "Look in the phone book, there are several tax offices locally, give one a call please."

I actually had one client last week that hadn't filed their 2014 taxes, had 2014 on-ex insurances, get that robo call about making sure they filed and my newsletter mentioning the same. They wanted to bring in their information and for "me" to help with filing their taxes.

me: "I can't do that, I'm not a tax professional and that is outside the scope of my business."

them: "But you understand this stuff, we just need help doing it right."

me: "Look in the phone book, there are several tax offices locally, give one a call please."

C'mon... you don't do their taxes for them? Or mow their lawns? What good are you?

What carrier is paying $33/month on exchange?

Some carriers pay a percentage of premium. For example, Humana currently pays 6% first year. So if a premium is $550 per month, that would result in a $33 per month commission. No imagine a 60 year old husband and wife. Or a family of 4. $33 per month isn't a stretch.

Back