Had my meeting - think I'm gonna have to pass

So, do they loose their Medicaid? If so, do they automatically get it back if they leave the plan?

I know that CIP (Care Improvement Plus) will write Medicaid benes but they coordinate benefits with Medicaid, so they are never taken off.

Great post and very confusing to me. I have heard they are "off" Medicaid and not "off." I think "off" is an improper word. That would imply that they would need to go through all the qualification paperwork again if they canceled their MA plan and I don't think that's the case.

However, Bravo would become the payor of the benefits - not Medicaid anymore so they would need to use their Bravo card, not Medicaid card, and stay in the HMO network. I don't know if a 78 year old disabled senior without internet access would be running network searches before he sought care.

If a person was looking to get into the senior market, here is what I would rec they have in their bag:

Supplements
MA plans - for people who cannot afford or qualify for supps
Final Expense - lots of seniors are under insured - simplified underwriting - good cross sell
Dental - I get a lot of requests for dental - does not pay well at all, but creates retention

I would also carry a Medicaid plan since you will run across them from time to time

All of the above are simple plans that can be explained in a matter of minutes.

Good recommendations.

The only thing I would take exception with is the dental. I have never found one that is worth a dam. American Pioneer came out with one a couple of years ago that is the best one I have seen. However, it didn't pay diddly for the first two years. Then it only paid a small percentage and I didn't think the premium justified the small amount of coverage. As I recall, the premium was $30 or $40 per month.

The reason I didn't suggest MA plans to John is I figured that most of his clients would easily be able to afford a Med Supp policy. When I have someone who is turning 65 who was paying for Major Medical insurance and tell them the premium for their Med Supp will be around $100 per month and it pays all medical and hospital bills except for the first $131 of their doctor bills each year they want to kiss me. LOL (Note: assuming their doctors accept assignment which 98+% do here in Missouri. Mike and I only know of three between us who don't.)

Yes, both they and I know they have to pay for Part B in addition to the premium for the Supplement policy.

The only reason I carry dental is because I have clients ask about it. I always tell them there is no great dental insurance out there, but for the money, this one is decent. I have only sold a few, but it is nice to show them an option when they ask about it.

Don't forget about the part B premium Frank. Thats almost an extra $100 a month.

This was the last sentence in my post:

"Yes, both they and I know they have to pay for Part B in addition to the premium for the Supplement policy."

I can only assume, hope even, that you missed that because you have already started to celebrate.

That Part B premium has to be paid in this neck of the woods if the person is on a MA plan!:swoon:

That is true in everyone's neck of the woods. The exception to that is people on Medicaid do not have to pay that, at least in Missouri the last time I checked. There are other exceptions where the full amount does not have to be paid. I believe.

As I have stated several times before, no one should take what is said here as "gospel". It is incumbent on each agent to do the research on their own to find out what the actual rules and regs are in the state or states they sell in.

Back