Had One Call to Cancel

What you have there is really a preneed buyer.

When you get YOUR kind of customer like the one you just told about, a good funeral preneed agent will sell him every time. He's not an FE buyer. They aren't looking for monthly payments.

Ok Folks and the score is .........Torantula 0 Newby 1:D

We all learned from this I think.

At age 80 and 76 depending on how much funds they have available one good health issue can eat the $14, 000 set aside up real quick. It may be an option to set aside the funds but how will the executor get access to the funds for the funeral.

Cornelius said:
At age 80 and 76 depending on how much funds they have available one good health issue can eat the $14, 000 set aside up real quick. It may be an option to set aside the funds but how will the executor get access to the funds for the funeral.

Jointly owned? Survivor has it immediately right?

Or..
I just got back from doing the claim paperwork on a client. She had a small policy on her. The man always said his funeral money is in the bank. Well now she is in the ground, he is in a nursing home (alzheimer's) and the government is in their bank account. Daughter wants one of those low cost plans she sees on TV for the old man. Age 87.

Or..
I just got back from doing the claim paperwork on a client. She had a small policy on her. The man always said his funeral money is in the bank. Well now she is in the ground, he is in a nursing home (alzheimer's) and the government is in their bank account. Daughter wants one of those low cost plans she sees on TV for the old man. Age 87.

Man Wino you're making a great case for Pre-Need here. Has Newby got to you too?

I think Newby is a mole that is going to convert us all into
Pre-Need Queens.:D

Rearden said:
Another good thread.

You talked a lot about what he thought.

What about the wife? Was she drawn in to the conversation? What were her thoughts?

He probably couldn't get over possibly paying more into the policy than what it's worth.

You'll get that a lot with older, non-believers.

They either get the point of having it or not. Time to talk to someone else.

She was pretty quiet. It was her sister who bought the pre paid funeral. She said initially that's what she would rather do. But as I went through my presentation. She seemed to come around. In fact so did he.

I'm a little surprised at this one frankly. When I sled them for there DLs they jumped up to get them. I guess it all comes down to what JD said. I don't think I established a need. Thought I did.

She was pretty quiet. It was her sister who bought the pre paid funeral. She said initially that's what she would rather do. But as I went through my presentation. She seemed to come around. In fact so did he.

I'm a little surprised at this one frankly. When I sled them for there DLs they jumped up to get them. I guess it all comes down to what JD said. I don't think I established a need. Thought I did.

Nope, The sister landbasted her ass. Then she made him do the dirty work of dealing with you.:nah:

Wino, bad things happen to other people, though.

I hear you. This is one of the few families I have not been able to sell the other members. One of them has been battling brain cancer for two years. I quoted her a GI plan two. again today. Still wants to think about it. "yeah, well here is my number"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Man Wino you're making a great case for Pre-Need here. Has Newby got to you too?

I think Newby is a mole that is going to convert us all into
Pre-Need Queens.:D

No, I have a preneed guy locally that I can send those to. They send me all the life insurance. I am quoting the Funeral Directors Dad an FE and the mom a large term policy. These Preneed guys really only do preneed. Guys that can do both like Newby are the Debil.:1frown:

Last edited:
Your best shot at selling these types other than Preneed is single pay. Another reason to always have Settlers. Oxford just brought out a new one too.

The worst thing you can offer people with the goals and personality that you have described is a monthly payment that never ends. They don't want that. I can sell them because I am one of them. I want to own...not rent.

Back