Has Anybody Worked for LTC Financial Partners?

previously posted by ltcadviser

So, I just received a call from an individual wanting to compare options with his JH group plan. He told me he was approached by a "pushy saleswoman" trying to sell him a MedAmerica policy. Hmm, interesting.

Then he asks me why John Hancock is no longer writing any individual policies in his state. Says the independent agent told him this. Hmm, interesting.

So, I ask him if the agent is with LTCFP. He says he does not know. I ask him if the pushy saleswoman provided Genworth rates, by chance. He looks through his quotes. "No." I ask for the name. He gives me the name. Google confirmation. LTCFP agent.

I mean, really? Telling someone John Hancock isn't selling LTC insurance anymore.

Jack,
We all know that if an agent has been in the business long enough, he/she will eventually come across an unscrupulous agent who does not look out for the the client, only for him/herself.

Most prospects will not shop different agents as long as the first one appears honest. What did this particular agent in was her hard sell.

It's people like this that gives the entire industry a bad name. This is not only a LTCFP issue. It is one bad agent who feels she can get away with pulling this crap with no consequences.

Since you have her name, if it were me, I would write a letter to LTCFP, explaining what happened and threaten to contact the DOI if this agent's name comes up again.

I guarantee you, LTCFP will not stand for an incidence like this to go unpunished.

So, I just received a call from an individual wanting to compare options with his JH group plan. He told me he was approached by a "pushy saleswoman" trying to sell him a MedAmerica policy. Hmm, interesting.

Then he asks me why John Hancock is no longer writing any individual policies in his state. Says the independent agent told him this. Hmm, interesting.

So, I ask him if the agent is with LTCFP. He says he does not know. I ask him if the pushy saleswoman provided Genworth rates, by chance. He looks through his quotes. "No." I ask for the name. He gives me the name. Google confirmation. LTCFP agent.

I mean, really? Telling someone John Hancock isn't selling LTC insurance anymore.

eeeeeegad!
I am shocked!

:nah::swoon::yes::nah::swoon::yes::nah::swoon::yes:

Nice tale - but hardly unique to ltcfp. I have seen independent agents lie like there is no tomorrow as well. The agent in question is either uninformed or unethical, or both. Why don't you shoot Irena an email - and see how fast LTCFP will disassociate itself from this agent ...

One time, I had one tell a client of mine that mass didn't sell LTC insurance. He even told her that JH's ratings were the highest of any company selling LTCi. she was shocked when i told her that not only had mm been selling ltci for 15 years but they had higher fncl ratings than jh.

Why don't you shoot Irena an email - and see how fast LTCFP will disassociate itself from this agent ...

Sorry, I can't. It is hearsay. The only person that can rightfully complain is the client that relayed to me his conversation with this agent. If he wishes to voice his displeasure with her, then it is his right to do so. My responsibility is only to do the best job for my clients. I can't be a martyr and solve all of the world's problems. I am sure the agent would be the last to know that she did anything wrong anyway. :skeptical:

----------

Why don't you find out who the agent is, and promptly report it to Irena if this in fact is LTCFP agent. As far as I know LTCFP folks won't stand for this sort of behavior. You were saying?

Well, this applicant called me today to discuss her options. Got the name of this sweet agent today. The agent is with The Guardian/Park Avenue Securities.

Guess the whole life sales must be slow this year for this angel. :no:

Last edited:
Well, the applicant called me today to discuss her options. Got the name of this sweet agent today. The agent is with The Guardian/Park Avenue Securities.

Guess the whole life sales must be slow this year for this angel. :no:
Wait a sec... but I thought you found out this was LTCFP agent?

Wait a sec... but I thought you found out this was LTCFP agent?

Read the thread please. This 1st unethical agent that wanted to hide the Genworth replacement on her Transamerica app so she could be paid more commish I did not know yet who she was with. The 2nd pushy agent that I mentioned that said John Hancock was not selling individual LTCI anymore is the inexcusable LTCFP agent.

I got the names of both of these beauties.

Last edited:
Back