HC.gov Ability to Upload Electronic Doc's Gone

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
I've checked this with 5 clients thus far and am seeing the same result. Can anyone confirm this please?

Using Chrome and Explorer.....

If this is infact the case sending documents via post will end up causing said clients coverage to be termed based off of 14 and 15 processes.

I've checked this with 5 clients thus far and am seeing the same result. Can anyone confirm this please?

Using Chrome and Explorer.....

If this is infact the case sending documents via post will end up causing said clients coverage to be termed based off of 14 and 15 processes.

just did a upload in the back door shrepa on a client.......

just did a upload in the back door shrepa on a client.......

You still have to go into hc.gov from there. So I assume he means he's not seeing it once he gets to the application on hc.gov. For what it's worth Kruger, I uploaded documents yesterday.

Maybe it is a hc.gov bandwidth issue since it is the last day for February 1 effective dates? Going in and out like access did in December?

On a related note, this being my first year selling on the exchange, I have had multiple clients either mail in or send me their docs which I uploaded via the access button. Some were sent in back in November or December. They are still getting mailers from healthcare.gov telling them to send in their docs or their subsidy will be terminate by their deadline, and for some the deadline is coming up in early Feb. Clients are calling in a panic thinking the gov't will terminate their insurance, even though they've mailed in or uploaded. What do I tell them? So far I've said, 'those are form letters sent to everyone that was asked to send in docs' similar to the 'pay now' letters that go out even if you've already paid.

Am I right on this or should these people re-send their verification docs?

This blanket spam both in mail and via email isn't anything new. If you've uploaded the documents they all should be fine.

Mailing the documents to the address in KY is a different story. Client needs to make sure that the App ID is on every page that they mail in...even then we had clients who ended up being Termed for not sending in the documents.

Uploading is the way to go.

This blanket spam both in mail and via email isn't anything new. If you've uploaded the documents they all should be fine.

Mailing the documents to the address in KY is a different story. Client needs to make sure that the App ID is on every page that they mail in...even then we had clients who ended up being Termed for not sending in the documents.

Uploading is the way to go.

TKruger is correct. We also HIGHLY suggest that regardless of how the documents are supplied to healthcare . gov that a cover page is included which includes identifying info for the primary applicant, number of pages and their marketplace ID. And on each page include the marketplace ID as well.

On a related note, this being my first year selling on the exchange, I have had multiple clients either mail in or send me their docs which I uploaded via the access button. Some were sent in back in November or December. They are still getting mailers from healthcare.gov telling them to send in their docs or their subsidy will be terminate by their deadline, and for some the deadline is coming up in early Feb. Clients are calling in a panic thinking the gov't will terminate their insurance, even though they've mailed in or uploaded. What do I tell them? So far I've said, 'those are form letters sent to everyone that was asked to send in docs' similar to the 'pay now' letters that go out even if you've already paid.

Am I right on this or should these people re-send their verification docs?

This is a Healthcare.gov problem - I believe (my opinion), that they automatically blanket spam mail saying SEND IN REQUIREMENTS OR YOU COULD LOSE COVERAGE! based on anyone who had an initial eligibility letter that requested more information.

I think that is generated via a system that is blind to any updates that have happened since.

I had one guy get a letter saying - we have everything we need updated on your account & then the NEXT DAY - he got the spam letter with the threat of loss of coverage. I told him to hang on to both - we'd uploaded his docs successfully right after he applied, so he should be fine. But - this is why I keep good records & printouts of confirmation screens whenever possible.

It's like "ground hog day" - every time they send a misleading communication to people, my phone explodes & I end up checking & re-checking things I already know I completed for the client. What a mess . . . .

Last edited:
Back