Health Agent Question(s)

totalnewb7

I have now a year of Medicare/DSNP experience. I've done some life insurance work last year but I'm really enjoying the health side.

I wanted to ask everyone here who has experience on the health side, what are some job titles/avenues I can take for health sales during the year that's not AEP/Medicare specific? I'd like to continue selling health insurance during the year and will be looking for new agencies or positions. Possibly an agency that specializes in individual or group health plans..

If you can help with getting in contact with agency(s) or what I should be searching for as far as job titles when looking through places like indeed or linkedin, it's much appreciated as my main goal is to find a job that's sustainable through out the year past AEP.

Or, if you're an agency, I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with you as I've averaging 18+% conversion rates daily with one carrier. I'd like to be able to offer multiple carriers if possible.

As you know, there's a lot of Life/commission only positions that are tied into health, which I'm ok with, but it seems like it ends up being majority Life focused.

Thank you

I have now a year of Medicare/DSNP experience. I've done some life insurance work last year but I'm really enjoying the health side.

I wanted to ask everyone here who has experience on the health side, what are some job titles/avenues I can take for health sales during the year that's not AEP/Medicare specific? I'd like to continue selling health insurance during the year and will be looking for new agencies or positions. Possibly an agency that specializes in individual or group health plans..

If you can help with getting in contact with agency(s) or what I should be searching for as far as job titles when looking through places like indeed or linkedin, it's much appreciated as my main goal is to find a job that's sustainable through out the year past AEP.

Or, if you're an agency, I'd be more than happy to have a conversation with you as I've averaging 18+% conversion rates daily with one carrier. I'd like to be able to offer multiple carriers if possible.

As you know, there's a lot of Life/commission only positions that are tied into health, which I'm ok with, but it seems like it ends up being majority Life focused.

Thank you
Are you wanting to sell as an independent agent or working for an agency? Not sure based on your post.

If independent, you need to reach out to @Jim Wright with the Cason Group. He's their health guy. Ugly as hell but he knows his stuff.

Up front caveat, I am a group health guy, but always on the carrier/wholesaler side. I have never worked on the retail side.

If you are interested in group benefits and you want to find an agency you should start searching in your area. There are 2 ways you can do this. If this were me, I would first search through the NABIB database for group producers in your area. Go to NABIP.org, use their “find an agent” tool. Then I would google employee benefits and group insurance using your zip code, and 50-mile radius. This should give you plenty to start with.

Next you need to learn about the products available. Use the list from NABIP with members who are carrier reps, call them and find out what they have in the market. Ask them who the competitors are too.

Since it appears that you have never worked in the group market, you will need to do research and just start knocking on doors to learn. Group business is a longer sales cycle, with fewer sales than you may be used to doing now. If I had to guess, a closing ratio of 5-10% is what you should be aiming for in the first year. Over the past 20 or so years my closing has been between 10-15%, but again, I am a wholesaler.

Good luck.

Are you wanting to sell as an independent agent or working for an agency? Not sure based on your post.

If independent, you need to reach out to @Jim Wright with the Cason Group. He's their health guy. Ugly as hell but he knows his stuff.
Teeth Weirdo GIF

Come let me help you with that insurance...

Back