Wellcare, UHC... they're all out to get us

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
Less than a week after I sang praises to UHC for offering help $$ to agents in the hurricane zones, I just got this backstabby email. I could consider retiring, but I'd get bored.

Bold text is mine.

As a result of the changes happening across the industry this year, some members may be looking for lower cost alternatives or other ways to enhance their Medicare coverage, and UnitedHealthcare has a portfolio of plans carefully tailored to deliver value and meet the specific needs of Medicare beneficiaries.

To help ensure members are aware of their UnitedHealthcare Medicare coverage options, we'll be communicating with some Medicare Supplement and standalone Part D Prescriptions plan members that may benefit from other UnitedHealthcare Medicare coverage options available to them. Our member communication * will invite members who are interested in hearing more about their options to reach out to their agent if they have one, as well as offer the option to call UnitedHealthcare for more information. We encourage you, as agent of record (AOR), to discuss benefit needs with your clients and see if anything has changed.

Agent of Record Retention Policy​

If a member chooses to call a UnitedHealthcare Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) agent, the DTC agent will first ask the member if they want to connect with their AOR on file and provide AOR contact information. If the member chooses to change their coverage to a product type different than Medicare Supplement (e.g., Medicare Supplement to Medicare Advantage) with the DTC agent, AOR will not be retained. Due to regulatory and policy reasons, we cannot retain AOR across product lines, which also applies when members move from a UnitedHealthcare Part D Plan to a Medicare Advantage plan. For more information about how AOR retention policy works, click here.

Thank you for your continued help ensuring your clients are aware of their coverage options and in the plan best suited for their needs. For more information on Medicare Advantage plans available in your area, please visit the Medicare Product Portal on Jarvis or reach out to your local market leader.

Please note: We're delaying outreach to members in areas impacted by hurricanes Helene and Milton.

I got this email too. Can't believe a company would try to move a long term MS policyholder to a MA. I know other companies will contact these people but wouldn't think they would do it internally.

Back