Health Choice One Job Interview

Interview???

Thats funny.

Unless they are talking about you interviewing them.

Most MGA's/IMO's take ANYONE with a license.

They'll take anyone they can get appointed with their carriers. You need to asking what they are going to do to earn their override.

Interview huh?

If you fill out a form on their website they will just send you contracts no interview required. Just a pulse and a license like many other Marketing Groups.

Sounds Like you are maybe new to the insurance business? I will only say when deciding on ANY Marketing Group or GA to work with you should speak to multiple groups and find some agents to also speak to before making a commitment.

Doing so could save you thousands in commissions and make a lot of difference in your career. ( I am not saying you shouldn't look at them just to be clear. Nor saying anything positive or negative) good luck!

I've had a good experience with HCO. About 3/4 of my health contracts are through them.

Interview huh?

If you fill out a form on their website they will just send you contracts no interview required. Just a pulse and a license like many other Marketing Groups.

You were fair with this post, but I wanted to talk about others who feel like this isn't a good way to hire new agents.

Basically there are two ways to hire sales people in any industry.

1. The "Shot Gun" approach. Hire anyone and give basic training and see who can make it.

2. The 2nd approach is to filter sales people for who folks who are trainable and invest in them.

Now with health insurance sales, if you as an agency were to go the 2nd route and not contract everyone who asks for a contract and invest in them by providing in depth training and on going support, you would need them to assign commissions.

There are agencies that provide free leads (as in no up front costs, but you pay for the leads in reduced comp or your commissions being assigned), in depth product training (how to sell over the phone/online) and on going support.

Obviously, if you are going to offer that kind of support you can't give everyone a release. Agents WILL take your free leads and training and stab you in the back. Not all, but enough to screw it up for the agents who are loyal.

So, most agencies do the shot gun approach.

HCO is a good agency. They offer very good training for a large agency.

Back