Health INS. for My Family and Myself

Can I get any advice on obtaining health insurance for myself and my family? We are coming off of a group plan in the next 60 days.

I'm only working the senior market as a newer agent so advice for me is appreciated. Everybody in my family is healthy with no wierd stuff going on medically or pending issues either.

I applied through an agent at BCBS about 2 months ago and we were accepted. We passed to ride out this group plan for a while longer as it has a $0 deductible.

Is the commission even worth me getting appointed with BCBS or whoever is recommended. I don't even know what a commission would be for individual health insurance. Our premium for all four of us was going to be about $700 with a $1K deductible and max family deductible of $4K -no break there.

We're with GHP(group)now and they passed on my wife(individual application) because of a statement she made to them on the phone regarding seeing a doc for migraines. I expect she said too much.

Who would be nice enough to enlighten me?

Can't PM yet and don't want to put the entire story on the web.

basically, history of migraines a couple of times per year that never required hospitalization. She's just been talking to doctors about taking supplements etc.

"Talking to doctors" could pose an issue. If she's been diagnosed with migraines, recommended treatment and is following a prescribed course of action she's fine.

A lot will be determined regarding the diagnoses and treatment. Whatever happens do not accept a rider on the migraines.

Missouri it is.

My wife has spoken to her OB who has thought this was related to her "cycles" and has had her take both hormones to replace the diminished hormones at that time and iron supplements as well.

They would still come sometimes. So, she went to a doc that "specializes" in this stuff. He has his own concoction that she takes at the onset. It's not expensive at all. We're just talking once or twice a year.

*************Slightly different note here. I used to get migraines about 2-3 times per year. I never saw a doc about it. Eventually, my friend who is a RN told me I could be in a state of dehydration and asked about my water consumption which was very, very little. I started drinking water more regularly and I haven't had one in about 4 years or so. Being hydrated well also helps me handle my whiskey better too.:)

Keep in mind, BCBS approved us knowing the same information. They only upcharged me slightly for some medication I take.

What are some companies you recommend for individual health? I was with BCBS until Anthem took over then my coverages all changed which is why I jumped on a group plan.

What percentage commission is usually paid on an individual/family policy?

To find outh the best carriers you'll have to to some research and see whats available in MO. All carriers aren't strong in every state.

The standard commission is usually around 20%.

Back