Health Insurance Industry Leaders Share Thoughts..

That accounts those two, but what about GI for kids? What I want to see is how many companies will raise rates in October for people who bought policies between March and September, even though they have a 12-month rate guarantee.

Exactly, and this is why you will have very few Children only Plans. To cover the claims for G I on children in Family Plans, everyone in the family is going to be charged more.

You have to have your head in the sand to honestly believe that all of these mandates are only going to raise the rates a little.

Medicare Medigap Insurance
Medicare Supplement Insurance
Aetna Humana Blue Cross Blue Shield
American Seniors Insurance
Medigap insurance medicare supplement
Medicare Supplement News

Last edited:
What about child GI?

-Do not accept child only policies
-When sick child issued with family rate them up to 1000%
-When sick child issued with family pay the broker $0
-Have open enrollment only 30 days per year or as permitted by state law

The above is the current child GI strategy.

Remember it is not just child GI, it is child GI with NO pre ex waiting periods for gaps of coverage - truly crazy stuff.

If you know the kid has pre-ex issues write the kid on one app and the parents on another so you can get paid for the parents.

That accounts those two, but what about GI for kids? What I want to see is how many companies will raise rates in October for people who bought policies between March and September, even though they have a 12-month rate guarantee.

For those of you who have Assurant's quoting system, run quotes based on 2 effective dates:

Sep. 22 and Sep. 24.

You'll see a difference that is quite substantial.
:swoon:

How does the carrier price up mom, dad and son with 10K a month in medical expenses.

Same as small group. Max rate up.

When sick child issued with family rate them up to 1000%

Probably run into a capped rate long before you hit 1000% (assuming that was not a facetious number). More like 200 - 250%.

Last edited:
So if America is so sue-happy-why the hell don't they sue McDonald's for being so cheap and making their commercials, to spend more money on the food that has escalating cases of Obesity? WTF? Jan 1-the beginning of Preventative Care for Obesity etc...some companies need to reach in their pockets if we are also expected to pay out the wazoo-The new reform is so diff than what I think alot of us were led to believe...its hazardous..

P.S. This is such an out there comment...lol

I have no clue how GI for kids will work regarding family plans. How does the carrier price up mom, dad and son with 10K a month in medical expenses.

Pure speculation, but I would expect that premium spread between higher deductible and lower deductible plans to widen. If you have a sick kid, your family isn't going to put that kid on a $10,000 deductible plan (or even $5,000). However, if the sick kid can switch plans at any point in the year to a lower deductible plan when necessary (states without an enrollment period), then that theory won't hold water.

Last edited:
And as the health insurance companies are forced to raise prices in order to cover all of the preventive services now mandated (and remain compliant) then everyone will gripe about the cost. They are being forced into a no win.

The higher prices are what this administration wants. Now they can resume their campaign against the big bad insurance companies and force us into a single payer system.

Back