Health Insurance Provider Appointments

dimon

hey guys,

I am new, I mena brand new...looking to get the licence in a few weeks...logic question...how long does it take to get the appointments in particular I am looking at the follwoing companies:

CIGNA
UHC
BCBS
Assurant
AETNA
HUMANA
CELTIC - maybe

And also, for individual and family what are the commisons for the above providers in the state of TN?

Thanks in advance

yeah it seems there are lots of people who have a very little idea of what's going on...I think that I will sell plenty of health insurance with the internet...I am an internet marketer, and think that found a niche where it will work...and if my competition is people who think that CIGNA for example will cut new business, I am in a good shape:)

Some carriers are temporarily not accepting appointments as the health bill provisions get sorted out

All carriers will have to adjust comp down to be in compliance of MLR.

Sorry to bring the bad news but comp is not rising or even staying level. Most carriers will adjust 1/1/11. Some 10/1/10.

It's not the end of the world, but it is start of the new market. Either you find a way to make it work or you go do something else.

Myself included.

It's a new market for sure. Those who want to leave the market will fo so. Those who can make the math work with volume and ancillary will stay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry iPhone typos. :-)

Last edited:
I see TEX, and totaly agree...health insurance agents will not make it work the same way...I see some of the people doing the website...but comeone...after I looked at them, not where I will go buy insurance...ehealthinsurance dominates the market, aren't you guys want to learn from them? As an internet marketer, and research this for a while, I see few areas where you can get great numbers in traffic and apps...com will not stay the same, well maybe it will go 5%-10% not sure that much more than that...health insurance providers will have to hire and pay com...because they have no clue of what some of the doing on the web...and I mean I know what I am talking about...want to wish you guys good luck...I will most likely will get in and out, and only do it with auto-pilot mind set...this is my goal...another thing I want to ask forum here, is:

what are the good call center you can outsource calls to? That are not too expensive.

agree with you TX...all this going to be internet...lots of you guys have a site, but no traffic, and it is insane to compete with ehealth or providers themselfs...I've worked for some companies who prepare and run marketing initiatives for health ins. providers, and I know exactly where to be to make it work...I have no experisence selling health or any other insurance, but I know how to get the phone ring and receive completed application from interested people who look for health insurance...hope it won;t be that hard to hire right call center and someone who will send the apps to the carriers

Back