Health Internet Leads

I agree with you guys that there are a lot of red flags on that website posted by cgarcia. Besides not showing pricing upfront, why don't they tell us where they are located?

I agree with you guys that there are a lot of red flags on that website posted by cgarcia. Besides not showing pricing upfront, why don't they tell us where they are located?

The reason pricing is not explained on the web site is because pricing is based on volume. So instead of putting every scenario out there, it makes it easier for both the agent and myself to touch base and discuss the pricing.

Oh, and we are located in San Francisco, CA

The reason pricing is not explained on the web site is because pricing is based on volume.

Wrong answer.

Every other lead vendor puts pricing out in the open then leaves it open to negotiation.

How much for a shared health lead?

What kind of filters & at what price?

I pay $8 for shared leads. No one under age 25 or over age 60. Must be currently insured. Not currently pregnant, no major health conditions.

I buy 150+ leads each month and no limit on credits for bad leads. They have a VERY agent friendly credit system.

What would you charge for a similar lead?

""how did agents sell insurance before computers?" Good question Frank.

I never used a telemarketer. In 1980, when I started, I used the phone book. That's it. I x-dated CDs and auto renewals. It worked great and I kind of miss those days.

One of admin associates still X-Dates CDs for me 30 minutes per day.

I started with a voter registration list and made a lot of sales. I also used the phone book. I sell in the country and I could pick out the seniors back then pretty easy. There weren't too many under age 65 people with names like Elmer, Oval, Gertrude, Mable etc.

I also kind of miss those days. However, using a list is still pretty close to that.

I like the age filters, because that helps to eliminate a bunch of 18 year olds looking for a comprehensive health plan for $25 per month. a;lso, the family filters means family discount for them and a higher premium per app to help offset lead costs. I agree that the credit policy has to be there as well.

Question: Would you say that it is best to call the leads as soon as you receive them like most other agents do or wait about 3 or 4 days when their phone cools off. I get a lot of mixed reviews on this. I have found that when I call in the first hour, the prospect seems a little tierd and frustrated from all the agents calling. I think maybe if you are the first to call, that may be the optimum psition. Thoughts, ideas...:idea:

How about both? Call them ASAP AND call them after 3 or 4 days. If they are resistant on the first day because they are being inundated with calls, call back in a few days and make no reference to the first conversation.

Also I strongly recommend getting something in the mail as well as email to each prospect. I make a lot of sales to people who entered bogus phone numbers on their quote requests. Usually the street address is accurate unless it looks bogus. I don't mail to 1313 Mockingbird Lane (although my son, who didn't watch Eddie and his family, had to be taught to recognize that one).

The Select Leads are driven by the Norvax Websites themselves through pay per click advertising and other various forms of traffic driving.

Norvax uses affiliates and God only know what else to get your normal Prospect Zone leads.

I got a deal on the Select Leads when I signed up for Norvax and found them to be crap.

All or most of the big lead generation companies use affiliates. The lead sellers are competing for affiliates as well as for agents to buy leads. Since the lead refund policy for agents matches up with the lead rejection policy for affiliates, the lead sellers can't reject too many leads for fear of loosing affiliates. That being said, I'm not sure if affiliates necessarily drive the quality down.

I'm an affiliate and I use the same system and the same websites to send leads to companies similar to NetQuote that I use for my agency. We work the Connecticut leads and sell off the leads for the other states. The leads we work are pretty high quality, so I assume that the leads we sell are as well.

The big problems IMHO are incentives and spam email. Prospect Zone does use spam themselves. Most companies with affiliates ban their affiliates from using spam. So I don't think that NetQuote's contract allows their affiliates to use email to generate leads. However, I don't know if they have a way to police it or if they have a desire to police it.

Another problem is that some companies make it too easy for a person to request information on a second line of insurance right after they requested information on the first line. 5% to 10% of the people who request quotes for one type of insurance also request quotes for a second. These leads might be sold as exclusive leads to two separate agents. An auto agent who might also sell health insurance gets an "exclusive" lead from John Smith and a health agent who might also sell auto insurance gets the another "exclusive" lead for Mr. Smith.

It is a system with a lot of flaws and a lot of opportunities for the lead sellers to increase profits by passing off bad leads. Some of the bad leads are unavoidable; many of the leads we generate for our own agency are bogus. But some bad leads are avoidable and there are often no systems in place to catch them.

Back