Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

What a cluster the process ACA can be...........

I will say the late after Enrollment I did with ACAEx went smoothly.

HealthSherpa is open for SEP 2016 business!

Also, effective immediately all agent enrollments 100% free. We expect this pricing to be in effect for the duration of SEP 2016.

Some reminders of features that can be especially useful during SEP:
- You can send your consumer link/website for your clients to view their options and enroll themselves

- You can send your consumers links to specific plans (Example)

Hope this is helpful, and look forward to your feedback as we continue making improvements to the platform looking ahead to OEP4.

Last edited:
So I just confirmed in my bank account this morning that I was charged $15 for my last enrollment. Prior to that $10 each. And actually prior to all this, I was charged for enrollments during the time enrollments were to be free. This took a while to finally get these converted to credits. I didn't ask for credits at that time, I asked for my money back. This continues to be a total mess.

Hi Keith! As mentioned in PM looks like you were charged $20 on Jan 31 for 2 enrollments from Jan 30. This was paid for with $5 of remaining free credit, and the remaining $15 was charged to the account.

Your previous 6 enrollments were covered with free credit, and the $5 in remaining credit was applied as a partial. Apologies that the way the charges are aggregated by daily activity can make it a little confusing.

Thank you for taking the time to help here Gerry but it still doesn't make sense. I was charged $10 each for 6 enrollments where there shouldn't have been a charge. The $60 credit was applied to enrollments that cost $10 each. Having $5 in leftover credit doesn't make sense. Even more sad is the fact that we have to have this discussion on a public board because there isn't any broker customer service available when calling Sherpa.

Thank you for taking the time to help here Gerry but it still doesn't make sense. I was charged $10 each for 6 enrollments where there shouldn't have been a charge. The $60 credit was applied to enrollments that cost $10 each. Having $5 in leftover credit doesn't make sense. Even more sad is the fact that we have to have this discussion on a public board because there isn't any broker customer service available when calling Sherpa.

It's possible that you received an additional $5 credit at some point and this was not properly communicated. The way our system is set up there would not be accidental charges per app for a different amount on a single app.

It does look like there were two 1/30 enrollments, so the 1/31 processing should have been for $20. In other words, it looks like you were charged $5 less (that were paid for with HealthSherpa credit) and not $5 more.

I've added an additional credit to your account (valid indefinitely), but can't do much more there myself.

Our agent support team is at [email protected] and better to reach through e-mail than phone. Due to the volume of applications and queries we received during OEP, there was a backlog of "tickets", but everything's being replied to and reply times should be faster now.

Back