Health Sherpa 2016 Open Enrollment

Tried to do one today & it was riddled with error messages & finally after a lot of back & forth, it wouldn't let us continue. . . .terminated the session and enrolled her on ACA express in about 3 minutes . . . .

Hi cadylou,

I'm not seeing any new enrollments on your account since 12/14. If you can give us some more detail (either here or in PM) I'll do my best to get to the bottom of it.

I've also had some credit added to your account, so your next enrollment is on us.

EDIT: I see the app that there was an app started about 6 hours ago. If you're able to provide us any further detail, I'll have it looked into further.

Thanks.

----------

Since major carriers such as Aetna, Humana, and UnitedHealthcare are eliminating broker commissions, is there a chance that HealthSherpa will start to pay (instead of charge) for each submitted enrollment. Perhaps $250.

Just a suggestion.

Well, we do have to keep the lights on somehow, and the office is already a little dark.

You heard it here first though - there's a very good chance we'll considerably lower prices through SEP.

Last edited:
There has been a serious bug in the past that customers without prior healthcare.gov accounts will lose the NPN when traversing the double re-direct, as part of the customer identity validation process.

so, no, it is really a tragedy for web-brokers as well.

Sherpa's retreat to double re-direct has decimated our business. What a tragedy.

TechBroker...ObamaScrew is the monster that's DECIMATING everything it breathes its foul breath on. (Agents, WBEs, Carriers, Employees, Physicians, etc..)

Sadly, Health Sherpa seems to be using a "100% hand-off" to Healthcare.gov now...not the simplified re-direct. In early December when Health Sherpa did the double-redirect to Healthcare.gov, there was no need for applicants to set up a HealthCare.gov account, and go through the E-mail Address and Identity Verification steps. Now, you're sent over to HC.gov to start the annoying Account Setup/Verification steps, right after clicking on "Choose Plan" at Health Sherpa. Horrible change, and no advance notice to agents.

IMO, there's really no reason to use HealthSherpa at all at this point, unless you feel it's worth paying $10 for the ability to have access to the client's HealthCare.gov account for maintenance purposes, and/or assisting with 2017 renewals...and having their personal info, along with chosen plan info, stored in the Dashboard for later access.

Oh... I just now see this wording in our Health Sherpa Dashboard.

"Double Redirect for Closing Out OEP

To ensure smooth application processing as we head into the deadline, we have switched to double redirect for all applications starting 6:00 PM EST / 3:00 PM PST. There are two important things to note here:

1) If you are logged in, you will still be able to bypass the account creation process for consumers and access the streamlined application when going through the double redirect - just login with your agent FFM credentials after the redirect.

2) As always, you will not be charged for any double redirect submission applications.

Thanks,
The HealthSherpa Team."

If a client clicks on my HealthSherpa link, he/she is NOT "logged in", which means they must do the full blown Healthcare.gov eligibility-verification routine. Correct?

Also, whether we are logged in, or not logged in, there is no charge ($10, $15, etc.) per S.E.P. enrollment. Correct?

ac

yes, I believe there is no charge tonight, however there is no NPN attribution either. do not waste money on web advertising.

So I just confirmed in my bank account this morning that I was charged $15 for my last enrollment. Prior to that $10 each. And actually prior to all this, I was charged for enrollments during the time enrollments were to be free. This took a while to finally get these converted to credits. I didn't ask for credits at that time, I asked for my money back. This continues to be a total mess.

Latest posts

Back