Health Sherpa

sbg_ben

Super Genius
Hello,

How many of you use Health Sherpa for your enrollments instead of healthcare.gov? I have not used them yet but I am checking it out and it looks like you can enroll all your clients and it will be attached to your NPN. Unless you were using the "referral" part of the site.

I really like the interface and it seems to work well.

Hello,

How many of you use Health Sherpa for your enrollments instead of healthcare.gov? I have not used them yet but I am checking it out and it looks like you can enroll all your clients and it will be attached to your NPN. Unless you were using the "referral" part of the site.

I really like the interface and it seems to work well.

Yes, 80% of agents probably use Health Sherpa. No brainer, they are the best.
You are not allowed to use Healthcare.gov to enroll clients, you have to use Sherpa or similar vendor

Yes, 80% of agents probably use Health Sherpa. No brainer, they are the best.
You are not allowed to use Healthcare.gov to enroll clients, you have to use Sherpa or similar vendor

Not sure how I missed that little detail lol.. where is that rule located?? Well if that is true I suppose health sherpa it is

Its on every cms tutorial, test, and webinar
Well shit I guess I should read things more carefully. The person who taught me always used healthcare.gov and she has been writing it since the day it launched so I never really questioned it.

Stuff like this is why I post on here, guess I have some training and webinars to review tomorrow

Well shit I guess I should read things more carefully. The person who taught me always used healthcare.gov and she has been writing it since the day it launched so I never really questioned it.

Stuff like this is why I post on here, guess I have some training and webinars to review tomorrow

Cms had a webinar on today, mentioned same issue many times. Lots of agents out there under wrong impression. Surprising to me to say the least

Cms had a webinar on today, mentioned same issue many times. Lots of agents out there under wrong impression. Surprising to me to say the least

Well if there are that many people confused there may be somewhat of an issue with the way it's presented. So if you go through a carrier and only quote their plans and go enroll people through that pathway it is compliant. Doesn't seem like a very good set up for the consumer because that would tend to make agents look at less carriers.

I guess the other way is health Sherpa that shows all the carriers. I was planning to start using that anyway so I guess I won't have a problem going forward

Well if there are that many people confused there may be somewhat of an issue with the way it's presented. So if you go through a carrier and only quote their plans and go enroll people through that pathway it is compliant. Doesn't seem like a very good set up for the consumer because that would tend to make agents look at less carriers.

I guess the other way is health Sherpa that shows all the carriers. I was planning to start using that anyway so I guess I won't have a problem going forward

I use HealthSherpa for most of my ACA enrollments. However, if you can enroll a client from the carrier's site, I recommend that because it's less hiccups. HealthSherpa works most of the time but many times they have system issues at the worst times, especially during OE. When that happens, you can use the healthcare.gov redirect button through HealthSherpa, which is a much longer application but it works!

Last edited:
I use HealthSherpa for most of my ACA enrollments. However, if you can enroll a client from the carrier's site, I recommend that because it's less hiccups. HealthSherpa works most of the time but many times they have system issues at the worst times, especially during OE. When that happens, you can use the healthcare.gov redirect button through HealthSherpa, which is a much longer application but it works!
Good to know, thanks for the tip. What exactly happens when you use the healthcare.gov redirect? Does it just take you to the normal full marketplace application without needing to create an account for the client?

Good to know, thanks for the tip. What exactly happens when you use the healthcare.gov redirect? Does it just take you to the normal full marketplace application without needing to create an account for the client?

Bingo! You just log into your broker account. When you finish the app, it takes you back to HealthSherpa to enroll the client.

Back