Health Sherpa

Client called UHC to pay bill for 1/1/16. UHC told her that the subsidy for Jan was applied to Feb so she would have to pay the full amount of the premium in January. Her subsidized plan is $22. Her total premium is $570. I even logged into her account and that's what it says.

I have never heard of something like this. Rep said she would have to call the Marketplace and get it straight.

You cannot make this stuff up....

Client called UHC to pay bill for 1/1/16. UHC told her that the subsidy for Jan was applied to Feb so she would have to pay the full amount of the premium in January. Her subsidized plan is $22. Her total premium is $570. I even logged into her account and that's what it says.

I have never heard of something like this. Rep said she would have to call the Marketplace and get it straight.

You cannot make this stuff up....

This happend to multiple clients of mine today. I have a sinking feeling that come Monday my VM will be full of pissed off clients.

I've advised each to go to the bank and to dispute the charge.

Just got an email from Sherpa - they're going back to $10/app starting tomorrow. They mention they plan to "devote more resources to our agent support team", which is nothing short of hilarious at this point.

Starting on Tuesday, January 12th, through the remainder of the 2016 Open Enrollment Period, we will return to our standard pricing of $10 per enrollment.

During our promotional pricing period, we have experienced a record number of applications submitted through the HealthSherpa platform. This unprecedented level of traffic has helped us optimize our enrollment flow even more, and has given us valuable insight into how we can better handle periods of peak demand. Returning to our standard enrollment fee will also allow us to devote more resources to our Agent Support team, so we can better serve you throughout the Open Enrollment Period.

If you have earned credits in the past from referring apps with non-appointed carriers, or referring other agents to HealthSherpa, those credits will be automatically applied against the $10 per enrollment fee.

If you have any questions, please contact the Agent Support team at [email protected].

Thank you for your ongoing support.
Team HealthSherpa

Back