HealthNet - Farm Bureau

Health Net underwriting is very tough right now. Completely inflexible. If the guidelines say "decline", there is no room for conversation.

Same case declined by Health Net was a 25% rate up by Blue Cross. I've lost 3 other cases due to their strict underwriting.

I wonder if this is in response to their stock dropping from 55 to 31 recently.

Rick

This reminds me of the "definition" of a consultant that I once heard...

"A guy who knows a hundred different positions to make love in...but doesn't know any women."

President Reagan once defined an economist as a man with a Phi Beta Kappa key at one end of his watch chain... and no watch at the other.

Al

They sent an application back to me because it was missing page 18. There is nothing that anyone signs on page 18!

Unless I have no alternative, I'm putting my business with HN on hold for now. They are no longer a real "player" in health insurance.

Rick

Do you suppose any of these issues with HealthNet are tied back to the ruling in favor of Patricia Bates and the ensuing CA actions regarding rescissions?

I do know that HN is in favor of guaranteed issue for all major med plans.

Do you suppose any of these issues with HealthNet are tied back to the ruling in favor of Patricia Bates and the ensuing CA actions regarding rescissions?

I do know that HN is in favor of guaranteed issue for all major med plans.

Of course they are, after that decision HN realized that if they lost this one they could lose a lot more.
:bump:

I avoid them as much as possible of late. Unfortunately I still have to deal with them on service stuff.

They sent an application back to me because it was missing page 18. There is nothing that anyone signs on page 18!

Unless I have no alternative, I'm putting my business with HN on hold for now. They are no longer a real "player" in health insurance.

Rick

Did all the planets align? Is the moon in Jupiter? Is today the day I win the lottery? I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. Maybe it's a new beginning for this list. It's a post by Rick... and I AGREE WITH HIM. You hear that people? Rick and I.... in agreement. He's right. HE'S RIGHT. Let me shout it from the rooftops... HE'S RIGHT!

A posting from Rick that does not beat-up on me... and where we agree. Let me savor the moment! How long I have yearned for this.

Seriously now.

Is the hatchet buried? Are we friends now? My hand is out. Rick let's put it all behind us and start fresh from this (Mother's) day forward to treat each other with respect and dignity on this board. I'm serious.

Al

Back