Heartland Financial Group/Heartland National ..

kamp

Guru
100+ Post Club
Those of you who warned against these people couldn't be closer to the truth.

Just had a conversation with President Chris McDaniel about renewals I was not getting paid on and that I'm no longer going to submit business to him any longer. I further alerted him that I was replacing a certain product for existing clients because the policies are better for the client. This was his documented response via text message.

Are you as shocked as me? Wow. Just one thing to preface this; all of this isn't true of course.

"Tried to talk, that didn't work....we'll go the other route....Mike, you have held app, Old Surety, canceled people policies, without their consent, written multiple policies on people just to get paid.....So Monday Bill will contact Sherry Sloan at the Dept and notify her of the numerous times you've dropped the ball, and canceled, replaced, rebated insurance for YOUR gain, not the clients.....we will ask the Dept to set up a mtg with counsel, yourself and Bill and or me..... That way we can just get to the bottom of it and see what the Dept thinks......Also I will also make The Dept aware that you will be down to see them Monday via our conversation today....."

"Mike I think we both know what you are doing is wrong, one-sided, likely not legal, And about to END......to the means I assure you we are resolved.....Bottom line there is a right way and a wrong way, I our short experiences with you, you clearly are repeatedly making way too many Mis-steps, but maybe I'm wrong and the Commissioner will see it differently.....But I promise you, The Commissioner will get EVERY violation, (27), that we at Heartland are aware of...... I much I promise......

Your GAMES are about to END....."

"Your permission to proceed is appreciated.....I'm Sorry Mike, but you're DONE.....please stop harassing Seniors, " cause Rick's getting paid and I'm not!".......you think I'm kidding but Mike you will soon get to explain EVERYTHING to the Dept.....Promise....."

"Heartland, myself and Bill have a STRONG relationship with the Dept, .....you SIMPLY do not, so we'll soon see.....Mike that little red light that's going off right now, That's the " My insurance license is about to GO" light.....you're nothing more that a petty Con man with a insurance license, AND we both know it......

We will BEGIN proceedings this Monday..... *

I will share our conservation with John Hosmer and Sherry Sloan via Email today and by phone Monday..... Btw, I will also share that you represented to me that in regard to the pending request you will personally be there Monday. **

Talk SOON...... Oh, and you too have a NICE day"

"Btw, Monday We will be putting you on the Vector One list, For your debit balance, that will pretty much STOP you from getting licensed with any other carriers, and should get you terminated from some of your current contracts.....

In addition to, we will also remind you that you have a Signed, notarized Agency contract with Heartland, that you have violated multiple times, ( surprise?)

Our Counsel, will begin to enact the remedies that our, Mutually signed, contract allows.....( hope you have a good attorney?)....

I knew when you acted like, a whore in church when we talked earlier, you knew, and you knew I knew, you had been Caught....too bad, it's disappointing that you have made the choices you've repeatedly made.....

On Monday, ....So it begins!!!!!!....."

"Thx. Con Man Mike....."

Yep.

Lesson to anyone new..don't..assign..your..commissions..ever.

Good grief.

Last edited:
Re: Heartland Financial Group/Heartland National Warning..

Chris McDaniel is not mentally stable.
This is his M.O. when a person leaves the Heartland agency. He did the same thing when I left.
Told me I would be put on Vector.
Told me I should get an attorney, he was coming after me.
Told me I had complaints against me and they were going to the DOI.
Told me I would never work in the insurance industry again if I left him.
Constant text messages.
Etc. etc. etc.

Tell him to stick it up his butt.

Lol. I'm not going to stoop to his level. Just amazing that a guy at his stature can stoop to such lows.

I won't ever write a Heartland product again. That includes equitable etc..

Just wow.

They will keep doing it as longs as they can get away with it. Now if he were in cal. and sold an annuity to an 80 years old. That would been a different matter.

I think you should CC Equitable this .They are a pretty classy operation. If this keeps going on I'd bet they nip it in the bud to the extent they have any say.

Last edited:
I think Equitable is owned by Heartland or something. Not sure how much that would help.

He sent me about 45 more threatening texts this morning as well.

Equitable is their TPA. Not sure who Heartland uses for reinsurance.

Apparently According to Bill they just recently changed re insurers but I don't remember who he said.

It has been problem after problem with heartland. They pay low commissions as it is. Not worth the hassle.

The only time I ever write them any more is for underwriting reasons exclusively.

Last edited:
I received an email from a current employee over at Heartland stating that the President/CEO, Chris McDaniel had been monitoring this thread (it was up on his computer screen).
So, Chris, you are welcome to give a response regarding the alleged harrassment.
Anything you would like to say?

Back