Heavy Guy wants large face Whole Life . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
I have a guy that wants Whole Life - no major meds but he's heavy. Any idea who can do it?

5/3/1977
NS
BP = Amlodipine AND Telmisartan
Nothing else but ALLERGIES
5'10 / 325#

50K, 100K, 250k

How much premium is he prepared to pay? He's 46 and heavyset with HBP.

$50k, $100k, $250k... those aren't large face amounts, but he'll pay far more for his coverage.

Mentally, I keep $10,000 annual premium in mind for standard underwriting, male, age 35 for about $325,000 of coverage.

He may pay $20,000 a year for $250,000...?

So that's my mental equation thinking about the possibility of placing this case.

Get a premium commitment and see how much you can get him under normal terms for his health.

How much premium is he prepared to pay? He's 46 and heavyset with HBP.

$50k, $100k, $250k... those aren't large face amounts, but he'll pay far more for his coverage.

Mentally, I keep $10,000 annual premium in mind for standard underwriting, male, age 35 for about $325,000 of coverage.

He may pay $20,000 a year for $250,000...?

So that's my mental equation thinking about the possibility of placing this case.

Get a premium commitment and see how much you can get him under normal terms for his health.

He is a Rancher - has $$$.

But, he is heavy.

How would that equate in regards to premium?
25% per table.

T4 = 100%
T8 = 200%
T10 = 250%

WP would be great for him but may be off the table.

As others have said get a commitment then work up and down from there.

A positive is he is probably the most insurable, at the best rate, that he will ever be. Get as much as he can while he can. Maybe stack some term on the plan as insurance. He buys crop insurance. As a farmer he understands risk.

This is not him deciding what company he will accept, it is which company will accept him.

Side note: once you find a company that will take you may want to check to what table you are paid.

This would be a fun case to work through.

Last edited:
Reactions: DHK
Back