Hello all!!! I could use some help from any agent in the houston area

You're right - DOI's have more pressing issues and carriers don't want to give up the volume.

It just takes time............

Texas Department of Insurance Enforcement Actions

Davidson, Stephen D., UBA Insurance Services, Inc. of Fort Worth
Order Number: 080014
Date of Order: 1/10/2008
Order Final In: January
Action Taken: $10,000 fine
Violation: Required persons applying for individual insurance policies from Unicare to apply for and maintain a membership in an associaton

When a pattern is established action is taken. I had a Mega agent on shared leads with me a couple years back - insane lies about buying "individual" plans as opposed to the NASE "group" plans - third time I contacted the DOI about him was a charm. He went "poof" after the third complaint.

Lol.

Action can help. It's just that no one takes action. I had zero clue that I was selling individual plans with Mega - they told me I was selling group and that people would be canceled if they filed claims in individual.

When I researched and found out I was off to the MIA - 5 hour meeting with 4 department heads.

Resulted in an investigation in MD of Mega/UGA, $250,000 fine and the biggie....Mega had to fly execs in from corp. TX to run a mandatory training class for all UGA agents while the MIA sat in to watch.

Effect? My division never missed $500,000 in weekly production. After the exes flew in and actually went over how the plans worked the following week they turned in $125,000.

Since then they have never recovered. They had to ditch all their training material and restructure their outfit in MD.

One person can make a small difference.

Now - on the fun note. After I went to the MIA and blew the whistle UGA sent me around 3 letters threatening to sue me. They wrote a letter to the commissioner to have my license revoked and wrote a letter to Assurant legal to get my appointment removed.

So if you want to poke the bear, the bear will poke back. It's just I don't scare easily.

She was selling though this outfit Health Insurance For The Next Generation - NxtGenHealth - although they tout all carriers - and she was trained to say they sold all carriers but they are only selling Assurant's CoreMed plan.

They told her they had remitted her temp license but as it turns out they never did. So here she thinks she's licensed selling insurance and she's not. Not her fault.

It actually gets worse from there but maybe she'll come on and finish the story.

Geez, I don't understand...their website says they "treat you like family"...

I live in Austin and know two different people who work at the TDI. While I do not usually delve into the mechanics of what exactly they do there, I did one time mention to one of them that I am surprised at how many low life scumbags there are in the insurance world, companies and agents/mgrs. -especially lately. This person said, " File a complaint. Seriously, we look at all complaints."

She already turned them into the TDI - wrote a huge complaint. On Monday I have my contacts as Assurant - so we'll see if they still have an appointment on Tuesday.

As they are licensed in 50 states, I would assume that they are submitting a large amount of applications.
This being the case, I'll bet that Assurant does nothing at all.

I spoke with this girl personally, and what that agency is going is border line criminal. You cannot have unlicensed telemarketers going over benefits, quoting prices and closing the sale on health plans. If Assurant turns their heads on this it will definitely
make a statement.

As they are licensed in 50 states, I would assume that they are submitting a large amount of applications.
This being the case, I'll bet that Assurant does nothing at all.

Unfortunately, you're right. I know for a fact some very serious and provable complaints have been filed against a few outfits and nodda - nothing.

Don't hang out Assurant on this. GR has their whores and also does nothing.

Back