Hello all!!! I could use some help from any agent in the houston area

I take it they were not trained to show their license when selling policies online SOOOO, that is some very good information to know if you run up against them selling internet leads.

Stibroker

Davidson, Stephen D., UBA Insurance Services, Inc. of Fort Worth
Order Number: 080014
Date of Order: 1/10/2008
Order Final In: January
Action Taken: $10,000 fine
Violation: Required persons applying for individual insurance policies from Unicare to apply for and maintain a membership in an associaton

Just got around to reading about Davidson out of Ft. Worth being fined for the above. I've noticed a lot of the brokers have an association that goes with their company plans. (AHU, Healthy America, Universal Marketing......) Can you help me out and tell me why Davidson was fined and these other guys have not been? I've always thought those association's pad the broker's pocket because most are not commissionable but I always thought you couldn't offer the insurance without them?? Much like some brokers have a $75 application fee that goes to the broker not to the company for processing the ap.

Can you help me out and tell me why Davidson was fined and these other guys have not been?

Because he was selling a plan that was filed with the state as an individual plan and not association plan then took it upon himself to add an association membership when there were no wording in the policy that stated you had to be a member to qualify for this plan......

Hi all!!

I have been very busy this last month with some family issues so I have had to put this on the back burner so I could tend to those.
I did get a letter from the state of texas a few days ago and they are looking into this. I am still leaving messages with assurant health to see what they are going to do about this.
I am going next week to get my temporary insurance license so I can start to sell health insurance the right and ehtical way!!!
Anyone can feel free to Pm me about any of this and I would be more than gald to tell more of the story or just post it and I will reply. This place that I worked for was scum and I sure do hope they get what they deserve.
I will for sure keep you all updated on what happens.

Hi,
Txinsurance I am unable to PM you as it says I need 20 post's to do so.
Could you email me an address to send my resume?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been very busy with some family issues now that things have settled down I can get back to business.
I will be going to get my temporary insurance license in 2 weeks I can't wait to sell insurance the correct and ethical way!!!
I received a letter from the Texas department of insurance this week they are looking into this matter and I am also leaving messages with assurant health.
If anyone has anymore questions about how this place ran there business please post and I would be happy to answer. It's so sad that places like the one I worked for do this to people purchasing any type of insurance is very important and should be done with honestyand integrity!!

Sometimes justice takes a little time

NxtGenHealth Insurance Agency, Inc. of Magnolia
Order Number: 090426
Date of Order: 6/9/2009
Order Final In: June
Action Taken: $10,000 fine
Violation: Unauthorized insurance; Engaged in false and misleading advertising

Their website is gone as well...

Re: Hello all!!! I could use some help from any agent in the hous

Hi all!!

I am so glad I found this place. I have been doing allot of google on insurance in the last week. I came into a very odd situation and hurtfull as well. I became an agent last month, applied for my temp license. I had been working for this broker for 3 weeks, first 4 days was training then I had 11 days on the phone and did 9 deals in that time. I have done sales before but of course this was new to me. I had clients that told me I was so helpfull and kind, so I must have been doing something right
I was fired and when I asked why I was told I was a great salesperson but could not sell them.
After the shock of loosing this job I came to see that maybe i was not producing better because this broker is misleading people and I was having to flat out lie to people. I knew this in my heart from day one and I guess it may have just shown. I should have never been working for anyone that lies to people about something so important as health insurance.
I am glad I am no longer working for this place, but most of all I found out more about myself...I have ethics and care more than I thought i did.
What this broker was doing was so wrong I dont understand how in meetings he would say all sales people are scum???

On the down side I got this job because my daughter is 16 and guess were she will be going in a few years??? lol
Any advice from anyone would be great as to how I move on from this and get with a good agency. I know I can be a great producer as long as I work at a company with ethics!!!

If you all need to hear how he was running his buiz I will share

I do have an associate with an agency that operates throughout TX. Health and Life mostly. Most of the work they do is with independant agents. If you PM me I will pass your information along as a courtesy. Good Luck

Back