Hello!

I’m an aspiring Farmers Insurance agent. I have 30 years of experience in Underwriting, auto/homeowners claims and workers compensation. I’m looking for a challenge and I’m interested in running my own agency. I’m hoping to connect with others going through the same process.

Have a fabulous day everyone!

Franchesca Trudeau, CPCU, CLU, ChFC

Welcome. If you are looking for a challenge, then you will find it running a Farmers agency. I would suggest you work FOR a captive agent, learn the selling side of things, then go indi. Sales isn't for everyone. Generally the type of personal that excels in sales is different than the type of person that excels in underwriting.

That is an experiment you should undertake on someone else's dime as an employee for an agent, before you risk a small fortune trying run a Farmers agency.

Thanks for your advice Mark. I’ve worked in two different agents offices and the sales was the best part. I liked the challenge of figuring out what the client needed and how to help them come to that conclusion on their own. I love working with a diverse group of people and the challenge of navigating different personality types. I like a good challenge and I think i’ll Be an excellent agent

Ahh, then you are the rare individual that is good at both the underwriting side and the sales side. That is a rare and valuable talent. Good for you.

Keep us up to speed as to how it goes. Frankly, as you have seen others say on this site, you will ultimately probably want to go indi at some point.

-Mark

Back