Help: Applied General Agency?

Sounds like a great place for me to vacation. Where in AZ would I have the best chance to find some porkers? (Like I should talk?)

Rick

You have to stay away from the Colleges, they have all the young horny, skinny, daisy duke shorts wearing, half t-shirt wearing, fake big boob girls, who wants that?

I heard from a few agents I've talked to at carrier trainings that said AGA doesn't do anything for them as an agent. They said they would have leads but don't and they keep some of their money incase of backcharges, which they were never told up front.

It sounds like that other poster read their contract and it says something like if you leave they can cancel you and keep your money. Why would anyone agree to that? Enough said like the other poster said.

That guy that is super pro AGA on here must be family or something

I also was about to sign with them but after the posts decided to research more. I'm in Los Angeles area and wanted to find a honest and no bs FMO, if you can point me to the right direction of what GA is a better to work with i would really appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback.

I also was about to sign with them but after the posts decided to research more. I'm in Los Angeles area and wanted to find a honest and no bs FMO, if you can point me to the right direction of what GA is a better to work with i would really appreciate it. Thanks for the feedback.

The choice of FMO depends on the product(s) you want to sell. Local is not necessary and as you read, AGA is never a good choice.

Send me your name and phone via email (link below) and we'll talk.

Rick

"My favorite part:
If at any time this contract is terminated, either with cause or without cause, all future compensation to agent will immediately cease. See section 7.8"

I am new to this forum, and I really appreciate being able to read what other agents are experiencing. I decided to read the 7.8 and I noticed something important was kept out of the quote.

"all future compensation to agent will immediately cease, ...except that the calculation of commission for that portion of the calendar month during which termination becomes effective will be made. However, payment, if any, due to PRODUCER will be placed on hold for a period equal to the maximum chargeback period for any specific carrier in order to apply any outstanding charge backs or indebtedness that may occur.

It seems they will pay for the policies that were written up to the point of termination. And I can understand them holding some money back to make sure they don't have to pay any chargebacks.

I am not with them, and I am not sure I will enter the medicare market, but I do think the whole section 7.8 should have been included in the posts.

I had only heard of AGA through a friend of mine, who has gotten pretty good appointments from the Anaheim office. She made a lot of money during OEP and closed about 3 a week during the rest of the year. She did mention that she had to drive further than she wanted, sometimes.

Before I would sign with them, I would have to ask about the release.

I have heard that Health Choice one is a good FMO, but they are a ways from me and I am not sure about their leads program.

Last edited:
Back