HELP! Bought Book & Seller is Stealing Clients!!!!!!

comunicate with her first ! call her up.... talk with her... if you don't like what she says.... talk with the lawyers..

Once you have decided to get lawyers involved, never communicate with the lawyer's blessing and involvement. NEVER!

Looking at OP"s post history, since he/she bought the book they have posted questions/comments about

Mount Joy Insurance
How much to pay producers
Allstate booting small agencies
Close ratio's as an independent

Reading between the lines it appears he was considering buying an Allstate agency as early as last April.

This does not seem good.
Somarco that what I was thinking as well. Since this type of bad faith only happens to Captive agents. Most of the time the captive sells and still has many years left and then opens and IA and goes after his old clients. This type of things happens a lot to farmers agents as well.

I really feel bad for the cheap agents who do not spend good money on getting a contract in force for those type of issues.:1mad:

Somarco that what I was thinking as well. Since this type of bad faith only happens to Captive agents. Most of the time the captive sells and still has many years left and then opens and IA and goes after his old clients. This type of things happens a lot to farmers agents as well.

I really feel bad for the cheap agents who do not spend good money on getting a contract in force for those type of issues.:1mad:

Seems like the company would help you out in fighting such a situation. The poaching certainly has to violate the non-compete they had with the exiting agent.

UPDATE...

The attorney reviewed the non-compete and in words "we will nail her to the cross" We have a list of 10+ clients in the last 2 weeks that we KNOW all went to her. The damages between the impact on our bonus (because her numbers rolled into ours for year end and she's leaking so many accounts) or retention is getting slammed. He is 100% confident she is 100% caught red handed.

They can supeona her phone records and clients & once we show the track record and damages, we can speculate further damages.

It's just bad business & sickening this lady would do this. However, she REALLY didn't take the best steps to cover her tracks.

Well was wondering who is going to pay for all those attorney fees. This process can rack up a lot of attorney time at $200 an hour it can be thousands of dollars?

Allstate Will not be involved in this process it you and the Seller...

UPDATE...

The attorney reviewed the non-compete and in words "we will nail her to the cross" We have a list of 10+ clients in the last 2 weeks that we KNOW all went to her. The damages between the impact on our bonus (because her numbers rolled into ours for year end and she's leaking so many accounts) or retention is getting slammed. He is 100% confident she is 100% caught red handed.

They can supeona her phone records and clients & once we show the track record and damages, we can speculate further damages.

It's just bad business & sickening this lady would do this. However, she REALLY didn't take the best steps to cover her tracks.

Good, people like that disgust me. Maybe the judge or mediator will void the contract, so you could get your money back. And let you keep her BOB. That would be fair.

Well was wondering who is going to pay for all those attorney fees. This process can rack up a lot of attorney time at $200 an hour it can be thousands of dollars?

If they win, it's entirely possible the person that is being shifty would be responsible for the legal fees.

Allstate Will not be involved in this process it you and the Seller...

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Allstate has an agent that is stealing business from Allstate, that's something they take to tend personal. It'd certainly be worth bringing to their attention.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Allstate has an agent that is stealing business from Allstate, that's something they take to tend personal. It'd certainly be worth bringing to their attention.

I can't imagine Allstate not having their own, very well written, non-solicit with the departing agent. Allstate also has much bigger pockets. The OP would be a fool not to bring this to their attention.

Back