HELP! Bought Book & Seller is Stealing Clients!!!!!!

This has already been brought to the attention of our mother company. Their stance is

"If you can get clients to say SHE solicited them, then they MIGHT be able to have their legal department send a cease & desist letter"

Can you believe that? We're essentially on our own b/c the company doesn't want to "put clients in the middle of it" which might give the company a bad name...

This has already been brought to the attention of our mother company. Their stance is

"If you can get clients to say SHE solicited them, then they MIGHT be able to have their legal department send a cease & desist letter"

Can you believe that? We're essentially on our own b/c the company doesn't want to "put clients in the middle of it" which might give the company a bad name...

Translation. "She hasn't cost us enough money to worry about it yet."

She rolls enough of the book, they'll do something. Of course, you'd probably be broke by then.

Well I had a long time staff leave and went to State Farm then she went after some clients. I called an attorney friend of mind did a cease and desist letter and that took care of that.

Also I called her agent and told her about what she was doing if she wanted her to do the same thing to her when she leaves...Well I guess she fired her for that.

Well I had a long time staff leave and went to State Farm then she went after some clients. I called an attorney friend of mind did a cease and desist letter and that took care of that.

Also I called her agent and told her about what she was doing if she wanted her to do the same thing to her when she leaves...Well I guess she fired her for that.

Smart agent in my opinion.

People can buy insurance from whomever they choose. It doesn't matter what you think or the company thinks. If customer moves to her that is his choice.

People can buy insurance from whomever they choose. It doesn't matter what you think or the company thinks. If customer moves to her that is his choice.

Remind me never to buy a book of business from you.

If you sell a book of business to someone, you have absolutely no right to solicit your former clients and ask them to move to your new agency. Otherwise, there is no point in selling the book to begin with. It has no value if you can't prevent the former agent from poaching your new clients.

Very True, if they call and request to be switched with her new company. If she is actively pursuing her clients to bring them to the new company and in turn breaking a contract then it is another story. It has nothing to do with the clients choice, it has to do with her breaking a legally binding document.

No doubt, but you're a dirtbag to sell a book of business and use it as a prospecting list. If the clients call around and switch then that's one thing, but that's not at all the nature of the deal and if the lady was an Allstate agent and sold her book, she knew exactly what she was doing and she should have her professional name dragged through the mud over it.

Back