Help! New to Health First Appointment

pk-insures

Ohio
I received my first health appointment this evening.
I'm contracted with Assurant and Golden Rule.

Family of 6 in Ohio. Oldest child age 10 has Asperberger's Syndrome.

Family currently has Blue Cross Blue Shield with $500.00 ded. and is paying $580.00/ month.

Does anyone ever ask families they meet with to compare their current plan with a proposed plan before giving a quote?

I am suppose to have a quote prepared before meeting with them but I really don't see any sense in it until I know exactly what they have now.

Any suggestions?

Thank you. I ran the quote. The problem is... how do I include the rate up for Aspberger's Syndrome (Autism)?
I know it's a decline and with Assurant the only way I'm going to get the child covered is through a Key Med plan.

And as far as I can tell from the little I know... There is no way I'm going to be able to beat the Family's current premium based on the limited information I have without applying a bunch of BS...which I'm not going to do.

I'm not into wasting my time or anyone else's. Would it make any sense to just tell the family that in order for me to be of the best service to them... I would need to see a copy of their current plan to shop the market comparing apples to apples?

By the way I really do appreciate your response and for allowing me to use your quote engine. Thanks that was very nice!

Leave the kid on Blue, move the rest of the family. You can handle all the preliminary's over the phone & email before ever meeting with them.

Putting the kid anywhere, especially on a limited benefit plan, is doing a real disservice to the family. That won't earn you any points.

And this.

That is not Scott's quote engine. He doesn't believe in investing money on a quote engine when he can use one for free.

Thank you. I ran the quote. The problem is... how do I include the rate up for Aspberger's Syndrome (Autism)?
I know it's a decline and with Assurant the only way I'm going to get the child covered is through a Key Med plan.

And as far as I can tell from the little I know... There is no way I'm going to be able to beat the Family's current premium based on the limited information I have without applying a bunch of BS...which I'm not going to do.

I'm not into wasting my time or anyone else's. Would it make any sense to just tell the family that in order for me to be of the best service to them... I would need to see a copy of their current plan to shop the market comparing apples to apples?

By the way I really do appreciate your response and for allowing me to use your quote engine. Thanks that was very nice!

Request a split of certificate from BC it takes 30-45 for the transition to change. NEVER take anyone off a comprehensive plan for a limited benefit plan. Unfortunatley the kid will have to remain on BC probably forever. You can help them restructure the plan but do NOT move that kid. You should be able to save the family money doing that alone. Not to mention you will get referralls because you took the time to help them.

Good Luck!:yes:

Leave the kid on Blue, move the rest of the family. You can handle all the preliminary's over the phone & email before ever meeting with them.

Putting the kid anywhere, especially on a limited benefit plan, is doing a real disservice to the family. That won't earn you any points.

And this.

That is not Scott's quote engine. He doesn't believe in investing money on a quote engine when he can use one for free.

This forum is AWESOME! You guys/gals are Excellent!
Thanks for the advice!!

I really don't plan on putting anyone on an indemnity plan unless I have to.

I have a few more appointments all them have some kind of a medical challenge. One family currently doesn't have any insurance but one family member is on vicadin, another couple the wife suffered a stroke 5 years ago, another once had a valve replacement over 5 years ago and is paying over $1,000.00 a month right now, etc. etc.

All of this in the first week - not any easy case in the bunch.

I'm having flash backs to the days I started running life insurance appointments. The only prospects I got back then for quite sometime were very voluptious and had one foot in the ground!

Seems there is some kind of secret initiation I don't know about.

Anyway, thanks to all!! And I love "freebies". Thanks again Scott!

I guess I have alot to learn.

I wish I had more appreciation and gratitude for the broker/dealer training provided to me. But I don't!!
:nah:

Sounds similar to my first MONTH...hang in there it will get easier.. You will be able to face any situation no matter what before you know it and you will know just from talking to clients if you are going to be able to help them.

Get creative. I don't know how many or what companies you have access to but don't be afraid to think out side the box. Pair things together, put a high ded. plan with a defined med plan.. Split families up .. leaving the "hard" one on their current insurance and move the rest of the family. Educate them on their health insurance and use them as referral sources. It is very rare that you talk to some one who has a full understanding of their health insurance use that angle to gain their trust and build a relationship that will cause them to talk about you to their friends.

You can't always help everyone but telling them you can't and why you are unable and how the insurance company looks at their personal situation is more than a lot of agents do. You will very quickly seem to be the expert in their eyes and they will give your info to EVERYONE they know.

Good luck out there..

Back