Help on Case, Previous Alcoholic

Last case i sent them was maybe 3 years ago. Client was recovering alcoholic. It sat in uw forever. Any time I would call them for a status, they refused to talk to me as the agent/broker.

I do much more SI these days. I won't ever send a company my business if they re unwilling to take phone call from agents.

Last case i sent them was maybe 3 years ago. Client was recovering alcoholic. It sat in uw forever. Any time I would call them for a status, they refused to talk to me as the agent/broker.

I do much more SI these days. I won't ever send a company my business if they re unwilling to take phone call from agents.

That is my biggest gripe with the large FU companies. If you do get through they want to get pissy and tell the brokerage on you. Genworth (RIP) is another one that gets/got all knotted up if you called underwriting. I do understand that they dwarf most FE companies in volume.

I am, and becoming more, a fan of SI as well.

Alcohol histories get tough, you can get a questionaire (that's just the insured's word) or records (where nobody tells the truth) on when they stopped and how much possible damage they did. If they can get both parts together, stop at a reasonable age before their liver looks like basketball it's much easier. However we rarely get the whole unblemished picture as with many other issues.

Back