Here is a possible source for free phone lists

somarco said:
Al, are you saying the "Buddha" avatar isn't freaky?

No, I'm a long time student (but not strict follower) of the Bhakti Yoga tradition and am well-versed in the Bhagavad-gita, Mahabarat, etc. and have a strong respect for the teaching of the Eastern belief structures.

Thus, I'm used to seeing all sorts of Buddha, Krishna, and Zen representations, avatars, etc. I don't believe Krishna was blue, nor Buddha fat, (nor Jesus white). But each to their own. Live and let live. However the two-leg horse was a bit beyond my reference structure!

Al

al3 said:
One issue I found with ReferenceUSA is that on a lot of their records they don't have a contact person listed. I've not found that problem with GoLeads.

(Oh, and STI, I really like your new avatar. The 2-leg horse sort of creeped me out.)

Al

No better way of making sure you don't get a lead: "Hi, is the owner in?" And I know Reference USA is free but are we really looking for way to save $10 a month? Goleads is far superior and easier to use than Reference USA.

john_petrowski said:
No better way of making sure you don't get a lead: "Hi, is the owner in?" And I know Reference USA is free but are we really looking for way to save $10 a month? Goleads is far superior and easier to use than Reference USA.

Actually, I find GoLeads one-at-a-time viewer to be a PITA. I'd rather download a whole spreadsheet of names so I could scan them and cut-paste them to a new file and give them to a telemarketer (one of whom is my first, current and very expensive wife!). With the GoLeads Small Business Account-1 you can do this... you get 2500 a month max in a spreadsheet and they don't care WHAT you do with them (i.e. give them to anyone you want. I called and I ASKED about that. You just can't sell them.)

Good news is that one of my carriers... Colonial Life (workplace sups) has made a deal with GoLeads that their system is $550 a year instead of $960 (their regular price, but I see on their site today ( https://www.goleads.com/SmallBusinessPlan.asp ) that they have a 'sale' at $750. I have the $10/month deal (which I paid $99 for to save a few bucks) and they will give me credit toward the Colonial deal. I think I will take it so that I can make call lists for telemarketers. The only limiting factor I see is the 2500 per month but I don't think that will come into play until I have a whole bunch of telemarketers out there working for me... and that won't be for a while.... probably when I move to Kutar and get more wives!!

Al
http://www.InsuranceSolutions123.com

Thanks for the tip!
Like many of you, I pay for GoLeads.

However, I just found out that my county library subscribes to ReferenceUSA and I can use it online from home for FREE. The limitation is that I can't download (to an Excel sheet, for example) any names/address, but I CAN view them on screen. (See attached). The system lets you slice and dice the data a ton of different ways. If all you are doing is cold calling and say you want all the auto repair shops in a zip code (3 or 5 digit) it's there.

Go to your library website and see if they subscribe. If they do, you can log on to ReferenceUSA from their site using your library number.

-Al

When I first started as a broker referral with medicare advantage I used Reference USA to look up phone numbers for individuals living at HUD housing buildings by the address.

I would do this from home through our local library. The way I got around the download issue was I had Microsoft Office 2007 with One Note. I can't remember where on there, I might have had to right click on the screen or something, but I had the option to copy to One Note. It was so easy I would just go through each page and copy to one note and it would be in table format.

Tried it out this morning. Totally cool and lots of information about each business. Ive been using sales genie and cold calling. I will defiantly use this, easy way to get a business owners name.

Back