High-Deductible Plan F

Not a major player. Short timer in the market. 7300 covered lives national. $12M premium nationally. 87% LR.

I would not buy them but you did.

Good luck.
I used to love Globe Life when I was selling their Med Supps in 1973, so actually they aren't a short timer. I know what you're saying, haha. I don't Like Globe Life since Torchmark came into the picture. I'll have nothing to do with a Torchmark company. They're probably owned by Russians now. :yes:

>I would not buy them but you did.

Does anyone else share the views of @somarco as it pertains to Globe Life in particular to HDF? TIA.

Yes, I do. The Torchmark companies tend to screw people somehow, someway in the end. They are not known for keeping prices low. If they are like their sister company, United American, they are trying to corner the HDF market right now. I'm not really sure why, but it seems to be the only time they are remotely competitive. After HDF goes away they won't have anything that is competitive, until Medicare comes out with a HDG Plan....maybe.

Since the plans can't be sold until Jan 1 (or written earlier with contract effective dates of Jan 1-not sure how you all do that) what do you see as a normal time frame when carriers that are going to offer the HDG will start putting out their rates?

I used to love Globe Life when I was selling their Med Supps in 1973,

Brokerage or captive?

How long have they been using brokers?

As Todd pointed out, a carrier that is only competitive on one plan probably isn't a good horse to ride.

But folks looking for low rate only will some day regret it.

Back