High deductible plans

With any luck my appointments should be approved this week and I can begin selling(fingers crossed)....which leads me to this question. When selling a policy with a high deductible does anyone generally offer a supplemental plan which would offset the deductible? I'm curious of people's thoughts toward this. Of course all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

I'm working with Colonial and we offer a product that will actually lower the deductible to ZERO, Just gave a quote to a local school and they can raise the deductible,lower their AP, and get our product and get a ZERO deductible. It saved each employee 500 in yearly savings and saved the school 20K each year.

I'm working with Colonial and we offer a product that will actually lower the deductible to ZERO

There are some group products like that. Premium Saver from MWG is one.

The savings is more imaginary than real.

When you look at the premium, and how many folks will NOT hit their deductible, it is a cash cow for the carrier.

Kinda like dental.

Another waste of good money.

People who buy a high deductible plan and are unable to access benefits will invariably shop around for something cheaper and you'll lose your persistentcy. I always add an accident plan or a dental plan as a part of their "package" because otherwise they don't feel their coverage is doing anything for them.
With any luck my appointments should be approved this week and I can begin selling(fingers crossed)....which leads me to this question. When selling a policy with a high deductible does anyone generally offer a supplemental plan which would offset the deductible? I'm curious of people's thoughts toward this. Of course all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

add an accident plan or a dental plan as a part of their "package" because otherwise they don't feel their coverage is doing anything for them.

These are folks who do not understand insurance . . . because the agent failed to educate them properly.

Suppose you owe a doctor $80. Is it smart to pay somebody $100 to pay it for you? That's how low-deductible insurance works.

Check the premium difference between a $250 deductible and $500 deductible. It's usually an extra $300+. Carriers have to charge to pay those small bills.

Agents who want to do the best for their clients sell HSA/HDHP. People who want small amounts covered don't understand insurance. It's the agent's job to educate them.

Back