Holy Cow...what to sell!!

I just went on my first two annuity appts for RMD. All I did was have a conversation about protecting their retirement funds. I let them know up front that I am an insurance agent and not there to advise them on investing but rather protecting. This is what we do, protect assets.

I understand what the annuity's features and benefits. Qualifying the prospect is the key. As mentioned, I let them know I have a national agency to help me put together a proposal, once they know what they want.

I am looking forward to getting more into the financial aspects than health and working with higher numbers and less BS.

There are generic booklets by NAIC on annuities as a leave behind.

Don't be afraid of hurting someone. I'm told that annuities are agent proof. Don't ask for or expect a lot of $ to get started with them.

There isn't a lot of difference between them all. I get plenty of emails on annuities.

I just went on my first two annuity appts for RMD. All I did was have a conversation about protecting their retirement funds. I let them know up front that I am an insurance agent and not there to advise them on investing but rather protecting. This is what we do, protect assets.

I understand what the annuity's features and benefits. Qualifying the prospect is the key. As mentioned, I let them know I have a national agency to help me put together a proposal, once they know what they want.

I am looking forward to getting more into the financial aspects than health and working with higher numbers and less BS.

Don't be afraid of hurting someone. I'm told that annuities are agent proof. Don't ask for or expect a lot of $ to get started with them.

There isn't a lot of difference between them all. I get plenty of emails on annuities.[/quote]

Maybe you should stick to health. :yes:

I agree with Frank that you really need to know your stuff prior to playing with your clients money.

That is what I am doing. I have been reading about annuities and have someone here locally that I will be learning from.

So far what I am doing is getting the interest there and then setting an appointment where we can both go. I have my first one set up next month (their CD's are up in May). I am working on some others as well.

If forgot the last part of my post...

So, what indexing method do you choose. I have been reading that monthly point to point can lock in short term gains in the market.

There are spreads that subtract the amount of interest earned, there are caps that limit the max amount of interest, and there participation rates that calculate the amount of interest earned. Am I correct in this?

If you were working with the senior market and doing CD alternatives, in my mind I am looking at 5 year (max) annuities either fixed or with a monthly point to point since they are shorter term. Am I thinking in the client's best interest in this?

Unless the client does not need the money and cannot pass underwriting in a life case, then one could go longer for a higher rate and bonus.

Unless the client does not need the money and cannot pass underwriting in a life case, then one could go longer for a higher rate and bonus.

What do you mean here when you say "cannot pass underwriting in a life case." I can't follow your point in regard to annuities.

Winter

There isn't a lot of difference between them all. I get plenty of emails on annuities.[/quote]

Maybe you should stick to health. :yes:

Would you like to explain your criticism or do you just put others down for fun? :no:

There is quite a bit of difference with annuites. Caps, part rates, surrender schedule, liquidity, how and when you can annuitize, if you have to annuitize, is surrender waived at death, renewal history. There is more that I cannot think of at this time.
Sometimes I do like to put people down for fun. Not all of the time though. :) I was not putting you down anyway. I was just saying that If you think annuities are all the same than you don't even know a little bit about annuities.

Back