Holy Smokes, Check Out These Closes!

I started at Pontiac and that stuff was par for the course. Absolutely hated it - which is why I made the move to Beemer. It taught me the difference between selling things people don't want and things people are looking for.

John, I think you mean "Bimmer". Beemer refers to the motorcycles. Trust me on this one. I have been a Bimmer guy for years. If you refer to their vehicles as a Beemer/Beamer on an enthusiast forum, you will be tarred and feathered.

May be old school but am sure they will work. Reminded me of a close that I used back when I started that probably worked better for me than any whenever I had a prospect hesitating to sign. Haven't used it in years.. Maybe I lost my nerve?

"A nurse told about a little boy sitting in the waiting area of the emergency room. His little brother had cut his foot and was in the treatment room with their mother. The little boy, who was probably no more than 6 or 7 years old, sat there quietly by himself with a wide eyed look that made it plain to all who saw him that he really didn't understand all that was going on. All he knew was his little brother was hurt.

The nurse bought a carton of milk from the vending machine, took it over to him and sat down with him. he sipped the milk as she gently spoke with him trying to soothe his fears. She noticed that after he haad drank about half the milk, he closed the carton and set it aside. She tried to persaude him to finish the milk but he just sat there ignoring it.

Later when the mother came out of the emergency room with his little brother in her arms, the boy jumped up and ran over to him with the half empty carton of milk. The nurse told the mother how she had unsuccessfully tried to get him to finish the milk.

The mothe'rs eyes filled with tears and her voice broke as she explained to the nurse that the boys father had died the year before. Times were hard and sometimes she didn't have enough money to buy groceries for the boys. because of this, Ronnie had developed the habit of always saving half his milk for his little brother.

Folks, some people would say we are talking about a life insurance policy tonight but what we are really talking about is a full glass of milk."

Then, I would shut up, look the mother in the eye as I wiped a tear from my own and wait for her to speak. Often she wouldn't say a word but when she looked over at her husband, he would pick up the pen laying on the application and sign. It worked almost every time when presenting a plan to a single mother.

FexEx: At our dealership, which only sold cars, everyone referred to them as Beemers. I'm aware of the Bimmer/Beemer "snobbery" issue for enthusiasts but I'm telling ya - we called 'em Beemers.

Good Stuff as usual from you! Also, you might want to be aware that certain individuals on this forum are reposting your work,and claiming they are the source.

I would name names, but I have been sworn to secrecy...Just think about people on this forum, who like to take articles, or ideas, and repost them as if it is their thoughts and ideas...And you can't buy a vowel either...

great story!! thanks

May be old school but am sure they will work. Reminded me of a close that I used back when I started that probably worked better for me than any whenever I had a prospect hesitating to sign. Haven't used it in years.. Maybe I lost my nerve?

"A nurse told about a little boy sitting in the waiting area of the emergency room. His little brother had cut his foot and was in the treatment room with their mother. The little boy, who was probably no more than 6 or 7 years old, sat there quietly by himself with a wide eyed look that made it plain to all who saw him that he really didn't understand all that was going on. All he knew was his little brother was hurt.

The nurse bought a carton of milk from the vending machine, took it over to him and sat down with him. he sipped the milk as she gently spoke with him trying to soothe his fears. She noticed that after he haad drank about half the milk, he closed the carton and set it aside. She tried to persaude him to finish the milk but he just sat there ignoring it.

Later when the mother came out of the emergency room with his little brother in her arms, the boy jumped up and ran over to him with the half empty carton of milk. The nurse told the mother how she had unsuccessfully tried to get him to finish the milk.

The mothe'rs eyes filled with tears and her voice broke as she explained to the nurse that the boys father had died the year before. Times were hard and sometimes she didn't have enough money to buy groceries for the boys. because of this, Ronnie had developed the habit of always saving half his milk for his little brother.

Folks, some people would say we are talking about a life insurance policy tonight but what we are really talking about is a full glass of milk."

Then, I would shut up, look the mother in the eye as I wiped a tear from my own and wait for her to speak. Often she wouldn't say a word but when she looked over at her husband, he would pick up the pen laying on the application and sign. It worked almost every time when presenting a plan to a single mother.

Great list. Hell, I do many of those. I just never knew they had a name.:D

It's stuff like this that gets posted here that makes me wonder about the clowns that say you can't get good info here at the forums.

Back