Hometown Quotes Offer

We didn't honestly believe that these guys were going to give thousands of forum members $125 in free leads did we?

I've had pretty good results with my health leads from HTQ. Other than some bad affiliates passing off dental leads as health, I can't complain....they have always credited those leads and stopped sending all leads from that affiliate to my account just to be sure I didn't get any more.

So Bob Klee,

Lets put this out in the open....

THX for the offer but we want to know.....

for P&C agents, how many agents are sold your leads?

For Life how many?

For Health How many?

Is there a difference in how you sell them to IA vs captive agents? Such as do you sell the same lead to an IA and a captive or do you sell the same lead to all captives and different leads to IA's?

Also, are the leads all sold at the exact same time? I once had a lead, I called him within 10 secinds of receiving it and the guy said he already bought insurance......well, how old was that lead before I got it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob,

And for those who have come back to the fold? ;)

I went back to HTQ recently. Not disappointed.

The one thing I am finding in this past year, is the number of fake leads has increased, while the number of joke leads has decreased.

A joke lead is like name "Slim Jim" 'Elmer Fudd" etc.. just goofy sh it.

A fake lead is a real person, their address, phone and maybe email address, if they've had the same for years. Then huge age disparities, height and weight and so on....

It is like someone is data mining from 5 years ago for real people and then making up the personal information to generate the quote from. A person in this situation might be 30 years older than listed, 5 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier and they have no idea about what you're talking about, except they've suddenly got a ton of calls from agents.

I think someone (organized) has figured out this is an affliate gold mine as all they need is a phone book and just keep the personal information reasonable. Everything goes through the vendors parameters fine, comes to us agents and then it falls on us to verify. If we are lucky enough to get ahold of that person and they are friendly enough to talk to us, we can go back and request credits.

The problem comes from can you truly ban an affiliate when all they have to do is change their name and IP address?
While it may sound strange to some, I think the same kind of people who steal identies have figured out this system and are really taking advantage of it. I've seen the number of these type of fake leads explode to where they are 80-90% of my credit requests and more than 50% of the leads I recieve. This seems to be a safer avenue for that type of theif because I don't even know if you can prosecute for providing wrong information....

I know it sounds grassy knoll and all, but it seems pretty slick to me because the agent is the one who has to catch it and you pretty much have to rely on someone talking to you.

all lead companies are sinking faster than obama... they let their biz get out of hand, took advantage of us agents and now they are pond skum... all of them... i hope they all go tits up... they deserve it

Why make us pay for them, give us all 10 or 15 free......

This is what I am saying. Agents Love Leads. Agents hate to knock doors and cold call. I dont know why, but they do. Anyway.....if your leads are so good, why dont you just give 10 free leads away to all these Agents. If they are good the Agents will pay the price to come back and get some more. Just my two cents.

Back