How Can Insurance Company Raise my Rate 22% for 2015 when I Bought It on Healthcare.gov?

Not trying to impress anybody. You can't say 3k a week isn't making money.

$3K a week for the 4 heavy volume weeks of OEP=$12K for the year, what about the other 48 weeks when everyone in the country isn't trying to enroll in health insurance?

originally posted by tenyks

You are aware that if you don't have health insurance in 2015, you'll be hit with a penalty of $1,500 each month aren't you? And, there's no subsidies for that.

;)

can't afford it means can't afford it, unfortunately.

in a state where Medicaid isn't an option, unless the state house/senate changes their mine, which is 99% unlikely.... worst case, I will have no choice but to end my life early.

Individal health is my core business (my Revenue has grown 200% in the past 2 years exclusively due to ACA.

In WA state I have found the tax credits go down about 10% to 20%. People get one year older and insurance companies increased the price by about 0% to 5% (so not too bad).

Overall people that got tax credits were really pissed. If they were paying $200/mo and now paying about $350/mo can't afford it.

Honestly I really think that the ACA tax credits were intentionally spiked much higher for the 1st year to get people onboard...

----------

The penalty for NOT having Health Insurance is:

2014 = 1%
2015 = 2%
2016 = 2.5% of adjusted gross income.

Back