How Can Insurance Company Raise my Rate 22% for 2015 when I Bought It on Healthcare.gov?

originally posted by tenyks You are aware that if you don't have health insurance in 2015, you'll be hit with a penalty of $1,500 each month aren't you? And, there's no subsidies for that. ;)

You are a prime candidate for short term. 844-646-1498
Ext 405
I'm AJ

-MillerLIFE

1. Don't even bother, he'll never be a good client.
2. I hope that's not the best you can come up with?
3. You'll never make money doing Face to face in OEP

What do you mean by point number 2?

Also, my dad runs all his appointments face to face. He's REAL old school. It's AMAZING he even uses a computer or can spell healthcare.gov.

He made 3k this week, even with commissions as "low" as BCBS.

Is this not making money? Hell, I'd love to make the kind of money you're making then.

Also, my dad runs all his appointments face to face. He's REAL old school. It's AMAZING he even uses a computer or can spell healthcare.gov.

Is this not making money? Hell, I'd love to make the kind of money you're making then.

That sounds like your dad is making money.

some of the agents on this forum made $3K daily (or more) during this OEP, we are not impressed.

I went and re-enrolled on Healthcare.gov just now. My subsidy remained the same. However, the same plan now costs 22% more than what I paid in 2014. How can they raise my rate when I haven't even used the plan even once during 2014? (as in the insurance card never left my purse and they didnt' have to pay a penny)
Unfortunately medical insurance isn't like auto. There is no "clean driving" discount.

Unfortunately medical insurance isn't like auto. There is no "clean driving" discount.

Was having a good laugh with my friend about this. I haven't used my insurance at all this year, yet I don't feel ripped off. I haven't had cancer, heart attack, broken bones, dialysis, or any other number of things. I hope I get "ripped off" for my entire life.

Your first problem is that you didn't see your doctor at all last year. So that tumor that is growing in your pancreas hasn't been identified yet. When the pain becomes so great you have to go to the doctor, you'll have thousands of dollars in bills.

Most days this OEP, I'd make that amount by lunch time. But that takes 6-8 apps to achieve that level, and that takes a tenured business model (working my book of clients & referrals). Regardless, you could never do that with a face to face model.

----------

How much is the premium?

Are your chances worth dozens of thousands of dollars in bills if something happens to you. Maybe bankruptcy?

I was in the hospital for something minor last week. Spent three hours there. My bill is 7,000. Thank god I have insurance.

I bet the premium doesn't look too bad now, does it?

I don't sell fear. And you can't sell fear to someone who doesn't have any money to protect. People without money are not scared of bankruptcy, there more scared with how they will pay their rent or cell phone bill each month if they have to pay an unaffordable insurance premium.

If the client is older, and you know or feel like they have assets, that's where the "pain" is. Something like: "Health insurance is to protect your ASSETS and everything you have worked for your entire life. It would be a shame to lose that nest egg because of something stupid happening. Will a $5000 deductible change your retirement more, or a $100k bill?" This only will work for someone who has money saved.

Second point I make is an insured person also is protecting their right to health care, as more doctors/facilities will not see you unless you are insured, or have payment upfront.

4 corners of life: Health, Money, Family and Religion
And insurance agents handle all 4. As I say:
"if you go uninsured, you're risking that you won't get the healthcare you need, as your assets dwindle, and your family is crying at your bedside, praying to God you get better.

"if you go uninsured, you're risking that you won't get the healthcare you need, as your assets dwindle, and your family is crying at your bedside, praying to God you get better.

That's good.

I just tell people that insurance is an irrational purchase. You buy it when you don't need it then pray you never have to use it.

Your first problem is that you didn't see your doctor at all last year. So that tumor that is growing in your pancreas hasn't been identified yet. When the pain becomes so great you have to go to the doctor, you'll have thousands of dollars in bills.

Or have very few days left on this earth. :1frown:

----------

Most days this OEP, I'd make that amount by lunch time. But that takes 6-8 apps to achieve that level, and that takes a tenured business model (working my book of clients & referrals). Regardless, you could never do that with a face to face model.

----------

I don't sell fear. And you can't sell fear to someone who doesn't have any money to protect. People without money are not scared of bankruptcy, there more scared with how they will pay their rent or cell phone bill each month if they have to pay an unaffordable insurance premium.

If the client is older, and you know or feel like they have assets, that's where the "pain" is. Something like: "Health insurance is to protect your ASSETS and everything you have worked for your entire life. It would be a shame to lose that nest egg because of something stupid happening. Will a $5000 deductible change your retirement more, or a $100k bill?" This only will work for someone who has money saved.

Second point I make is an insured person also is protecting their right to health care, as more doctors/facilities will not see you unless you are insured, or have payment upfront.

Would hate to hear what you would say if you sold"fear".. :err:

Back