How Difficult is It to Host Your Own SIP Based Dialer?

Vicibox supports a sangoma timing module out of the box, however I don't have one and I don't even know what they do.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Apparently the dahdi-dummy soft timer is fine until you have 4-5 people on the system. After that they recommend using the sangoma voicetime plugin. It's around 70 bucks.

My call quality with just 2 of us is wonderful.

Last edited:
I use the Sangoma timing card. Allegedly after you go over a few lines, the timing card is a must. It keeps the calls from flaking and getting all the problems folks usually associate with VOIP. My system now should support about 80 callers, but the most I've ever had on it is closer to 20.

It appears that the problems start showing up once you have 4-5 or more concurrent calls at once. I have 2 people using it right now, no point to the timing module just yet.
Today I made about 50 calls using the dialer, worked like a dream.. Other than the 10 minutes before the *** programmer told it to set the lines in use to 2 if a lead had been called less than 0 times.

It's hard to call a lead -1 times.

Last edited:
So 3 hours live testing, other than a mistake in my scaling algorithm 0 drops, did drop 5 because of errors in my code before fixed. Unsure if the drops were actual humans or answering machines. Not bad for 2 days of limited testing and tweaking, gonna run it for about 6 hours tomorrow and see what I get.

Outbound Calling Stats 2011-04-20 22:50:39

Time range: 2011-04-18 00:00:00 to 2011-04-20 23:59:59

---------- TOTALS
Total Calls placed from this Campaign: 88
Average Call Length for all Calls in seconds: 102.38

---------- HUMAN ANSWERS
Total Human Answered calls for this Campaign: 23
Average Call Length for all HA in seconds: 338.39 Total Time: 2:09:43

---------- DROPS
Total Outbound DROP Calls: 5 5.68%
Percent of DROP Calls taken out of Answers: 5 / 23 21.74%
Average Length for DROP Calls in seconds: 5
Productivity Rating: 0.08

---------- NO ANSWERS
Total NA calls -Busy,Disconnect,RingNoAnswer: 37 42.05%
Total auto NA calls -system-set: 33
Total manual NA calls -agent-set: 4
Average Call Length for NA Calls in seconds: 9.75
I use the Sangoma timing card. Allegedly after you go over a few lines, the timing card is a must. It keeps the calls from flaking and getting all the problems folks usually associate with VOIP. My system now should support about 80 callers, but the most I've ever had on it is closer to 20.

I asked the developer that is helping me with this that is going to be running the colo and doing the iso and server builds, his answer was that typically the issue is actually being caused by something OTHER than the timing, and all that the timing module does is help cover up a different problem.

He said he didn't believe it was necessary on a well installed server.

I personally have no idea, all I know is I don't have one and I haven't experienced problems.

Last edited:
I'm jealous!!!!

One of my new years resolutions was to quit spending time on projects like this and to actually spend more time focused on selling. I much prefer doing the type of stuff you are doing :)

Its fun to read through your successes with making this work, including the occassional 'challenge'!!!!

Dan

I'm jealous!!!!

One of my new years resolutions was to quit spending time on projects like this and to actually spend more time focused on selling. I much prefer doing the type of stuff you are doing :)

Its fun to read through your successes with making this work, including the occassional 'challenge'!!!!

Dan

This is one of the most entertaining hobbies I've ever had. I did expect it to be much harder, I had a lot of luck and good advice from people that already knew a lot. I also am just hardheaded enough that I don't care to do something completely different that everyone else does as the norm.

I'm writing a script today to assign the 3 digit area code of the caller id based on the area code of the lead, I just wish google would let me sign up for multiple voice accounts without making multiple email accounts.

Heres a couple pictures I snapped of the box itself, and the install.

I'm going to upload a demo video in a couple days showing exactly what it does.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 28, 4 51 18 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 28, 4 51 18 PM.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo Mar 28, 5 06 14 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 28, 5 06 14 PM.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 24
VICIbox - Server

The link above is where you can download the ISO of the vicibox server, if anyone wants to try it their selves. I'm using this in combination with sugarcrm, which is available at sugarcrm.com from the community edition area.

DO NOT try to install it on your work computer or a computer that you care about anything on the hard drive unless you really know what you're doing, it will format the drive.

Just a quick question Is there any plugging for integrate Vici Sugar - Or you just wrote one? If your code is Open Source I'll love to take a look and maybe try to incorporate new futures..
Thanks
This is one of the most entertaining hobbies I've ever had. I did expect it to be much harder, I had a lot of luck and good advice from people that already knew a lot. I also am just hardheaded enough that I don't care to do something completely different that everyone else does as the norm.

I'm writing a script today to assign the 3 digit area code of the caller id based on the area code of the lead, I just wish google would let me sign up for multiple voice accounts without making multiple email accounts.
What are you trying to accomplish with the script ?? Wouldn't be easy to filter your campaign by area code and then just personalize the CID to whatever you want to match ??? By the way who is your VOIP terminator service?

Last edited:
The scripting actually allows me to change the CID on each call if I want.

I currently use my 866 number on first call then change it to a local on 2nd but in theory I can change it every call.

There isn't a simple plugin between sugarcrm and vicidial. Best explanation of how to hook them together is that you need a shared key on each lead then you post between databases using the key and mysql references. To fully explain would require a book.

Back