How do I compete?

jack3454

Super Genius
So I was in someone's house today, saw the mail they got from carriers:

You'll soon have an opportunity to make a new choice for your Medicare plan and Part D coverage...
"$15 gift card for a free Medicare guide!"
"Free Official Medicare booklet and $10 gift card!"

How can I compete with these companies? Ive already explained to everyone to throw junk mail away, but these places are offering gift cards now for a contact form filled out. How do I prevent my business from changing because of a $15 gift card? Would it be a good idea to send everyone a letter stating that this time of year get ready for the solicitation and don't get conned for gift cards or is that too much? Thoughts?

Don't worry about it. 97% of people have junk mail completely tuned out. Most will think it's too good to be true or there's a catch to it, anyway. It's no different than telemarketing calls. I've got a very stable and loyal book of business and my churn/turnover rate (unless it's due to death) is literally 0%. Just do good work for them and they will never make a move without consulting you first. They're gonna trust you WAAAAAAAAY more than some random call, mail, or the insurance companies.

Last edited:
So I was in someone's house today, saw the mail they got from carriers:

You'll soon have an opportunity to make a new choice for your Medicare plan and Part D coverage...
"$15 gift card for a free Medicare guide!"
"Free Official Medicare booklet and $10 gift card!"

How can I compete with these companies? Ive already explained to everyone to throw junk mail away, but these places are offering gift cards now for a contact form filled out. How do I prevent my business from changing because of a $15 gift card? Would it be a good idea to send everyone a letter stating that this time of year get ready for the solicitation and don't get conned for gift cards or is that too much? Thoughts?
I really wouldn't worry too much about these tactics. Like @InsuranceGuy29 said, most people ignore the junkmail.

If one of my clients or prospects ask about this marketing, I advise that the information they provide will likely be sold over and over and over again and will likely turn their 15 spam calls a day into 20.

Once your base is built up, you can choose if you want to pursue those people or not. It has been my experience that people who go for that kind of marketing are the same ones that will switch their plans 3 times a year from cold calls.

Back