How long does it generally take to get med Part B?

I've had 2 clients retiring in the past few weeks who did the Part B Only application (since they already had A) and they've both run into issues with getting confirmation - and when I put their info into Sunfire is still shows Part B inactive.

Frustrating. Incompetent Government. But, if we forget a Scope - or we don't tell them how many plans we offer in their area, we go to jail. Asinine.

I have another lady, who originally had a 7/1 Part B date, but she wanted a 9/1 Part B date, so she cancelled the 7/1, in person at the SS office, and they told her she would be approved for the change to 9/1.

things like this are guaranteed to have problems

Yep. Well we are still having issues with it. The client has contacted social security several times. She even got a letter from social security (CMS) stating she will have Part B effective 9/1

But. MARX still does not show a 9/1 effective date.

Client spoke with SS two days ago, and they admitted somebody dropped the ball, but now they got it fixed, and the system should be updated. Well here we are two days later, and the system is still not "updated"

I really dont know what else to do here...

It takes 4-6 weeks. Period.

Sometimes it might take less time. But 4-6 weeks is good guideline. Without or without Part A.

Looks like the process is going to get even more complicated. Saw an email this morning that SS is going to start requiring the use of Login.gov or ID.me account to log in to your My Social Security account.

Timeframe? "soon"
In case it influences someones decision about what credential to use for Soc Sec, I think I have also seen somewhere that veterans can get an iphone discount by using an id.me account in some way with apple.

Back