How long does it generally take to get med Part B?

Looks like the process is going to get even more complicated. Saw an email this morning that SS is going to start requiring the use of Login.gov or ID.me account to log in to your My Social Security account.

Timeframe? "soon"
Just did that for a family member. Sigh, have to do an additional dual authentication on Login.gov, and a personal key to be saved offline. If anyone has an online saving recommendation for such data, chime in. If one is interested in logging in to irs.gov LogIn.gov is the same front end requirement.

Several insurance co's have online or call in feature to look up the MBI and A/B dates. Usually the SS# is required.

Good to know . . .

I do as much as I can to help seniors enroll in Medicare, Medigap & PDP but I want them to be involved as well. Almost all of my clients are computer literate . . . some more than others . . . but most have no problem following my instructions.

I give them step by step examples (including hot links) for how to set up their MySSA account, enroll in A&B online, find their Medicare number before the card arrives and so forth.

There are some things I can do for them and things they will need to do for themselves.

They know I am always available by phone or email (most communicate by email) to answer questions and help.

If anyone has an online saving recommendation for such data, chime in. If one is interested in logging in to irs.gov LogIn.gov is the same front end requirement.

I have used password managers for years. For several years I have used the Chrome PW manager. Firefox and other browsers also have built in managers.

Third party pw managers seem to be prone to hacking.

Just did that for a family member. Sigh, have to do an additional dual authentication on Login.gov, and a personal key to be saved offline. If anyone has an online saving recommendation for such data, chime in. If one is interested in logging in to irs.gov LogIn.gov is the same front end requirement.
I have had to create an ID.me id for something in the past and never used it since. I will probably just use that, I will have to find email and then do a lost password change.

I already have too many assorted login credentials to want to create a login.gov account too.

Caveat, not an agent.
Good to know . . .

I do as much as I can to help seniors enroll in Medicare, Medigap & PDP but I want them to be involved as well. Almost all of my clients are computer literate . . . some more than others . . . but most have no problem following my instructions.

I give them step by step examples (including hot links) for how to set up their MySSA account, enroll in A&B online, find their Medicare number before the card arrives and so forth.

There are some things I can do for them and things they will need to do for themselves.

They know I am always available by phone or email (most communicate by email) to answer questions and help.

Point of the comments below is MySSA setup will soon involve the necessity of setting up an addition login credential. Current username login process will no longer work

Looks like the process is going to get even more complicated. Saw an email this morning that SS is going to start requiring the use of Login.gov or ID.me account to log in to your My Social Security account.

Timeframe? "soon"

@LostDollar "Additional" login as you term it has been a requirement for SOME dot gov accounts for about a year. I pay quarterly and yearly taxes via EFTPS and had to create the login about a year ago so I could continue paying electronically vs mailing a check.

If you prefer to handle things my phone & US mail you won't need to set up a login account.

FWIW, Rachel had to create a login account a month or so ago to visit her MyMedicare account. She did it by herself and didn't need my help.

from enrollment, they send a letter but no number on it

Can they call Medicare and get number if they have letter?

I wish there was a clear cut answer for this.

I have helped a handful sign up for A&B recently, and only part B. Some were approved and active in less than a week.

I have another lady, who originally had a 7/1 Part B date, but she wanted a 9/1 Part B date, so she cancelled the 7/1, in person at the SS office, and they told her she would be approved for the change to 9/1. We did an mapd app for her on 7/9 .... but the part B is still not showing a future effective date of 9/1. I have checked Marx mutlple times per week. She spoke with SS earlier this week, they said she is good to go.... but still no part B approval in MARX...

It's too bad CMS/SS doesnt have some kinds of "tracking" system after application... something like tracking a package in the mail, just showing where it is in the process.

I wish there was a clear cut answer for this.

I have helped a handful sign up for A&B recently, and only part B. Some were approved and active in less than a week.

I have another lady, who originally had a 7/1 Part B date, but she wanted a 9/1 Part B date, so she cancelled the 7/1, in person at the SS office, and they told her she would be approved for the change to 9/1. We did an mapd app for her on 7/9 .... but the part B is still not showing a future effective date of 9/1. I have checked Marx mutlple times per week. She spoke with SS earlier this week, they said she is good to go.... but still no part B approval in MARX...

It's too bad CMS/SS doesnt have some kinds of "tracking" system after application... something like tracking a package in the mail, just showing where it is in the process.
I have another lady, who originally had a 7/1 Part B date, but she wanted a 9/1 Part B date, so she cancelled the 7/1, in person at the SS office, and they told her she would be approved for the change to 9/1.

things like this are guaranteed to have problems

Back