How Do I Keep in Contact with Clients and Friends ?

Mark R. is ritht. Just pick up the damn phone!!!!:mad:
X2 pick up the phone...Yes you can use some automated program like sendoutcards....but unless your dealing with computer illiterate people they know that this is automated and that you have not thought about them...This is better than nothing but barely...pick up the phone and call them 90 days after they started using a policy and other times per year...Hand write a card, call them on their birthday these can be some very simple things.

X2 pick up the phone...Yes you can use some automated program like sendoutcards....but unless your dealing with computer illiterate people they know that this is automated and that you have not thought about them...This is better than nothing but barely...pick up the phone and call them 90 days after they started using a policy and other times per year...Hand write a card, call them on their birthday these can be some very simple things.

Spot on!

All of that automated stuff is crap in my opinion. It is, at best, a feeble attempt to provide what some think is "customer service". To me it is the sign of someone who is lazy and really doesn't give a damn.

Just because technology allows us to do something doesn't mean that we should use it. I have clients who have been with me for seventeen years. Is seventeen years worth of commission worth the few minutes it takes to make a quick phone call or send a signed birthday letter snail mail?

A professional agent will do things that will set him aside and make him stand out from all of the wanna bees.

I believe its okay to do both. The Honda dealership I bought my car from super impressed me with their follow up service after the sale.

The salesman actually called me after the sale to make sure everything was still good with my purchase and to ask how the car was. He also called me 6 months later just to say Hi. I am sure he had some kinda automatic follow up service prompting him to call, but I was impressed none the less.

I still get the Christmas card and other random card from them that is probably from send out cards too. Weather it is automated or actually crafted by them doesn't really matter (even though the personal is better). It still makes me feel like they are thinking of me and even more important it keeps them at the top of my mind when I think about buying a car.

I would definitely recommend them to others and those leads are free! (to them, lol)

You can't do better than a phone call and handwritten note from time to time. Make sure you're not asking them to buy something every time you call. Any CRM - even Outlook can prompt you to take action, but the action needs to be personal - not mechanical.

I'm getting addicted to Constant Contact.

I just did a survey to my clients and was able to write 2 apps from it. I asked them if they knew anyone that needed to buy life insurance and also if they needed more insurance.

I say over 25% of my business comes from existing clients and staying in touch with them.

Make sure you at least call them once a year or something.

I also send them birthday cards every year.

Back