How do you “brand” yourself?

Non yet, do suggest the sink or the bathtub?
Couldn't you just carry some water wth you and sprinkle it on their head? If not, then I'd go with the bath tub. :yes:

Although, from the looks of some of the bathtubs I've seen in people's houses, I wouldn't want to stick my hands in there. :no:

Couldn't you just carry some water wth you and sprinkle it on their head? If not, then I'd go with the bath tub. :yes:

Although, from the looks of some of the bathtubs I've seen in people's houses, I wouldn't want to stick my hands in there. :no:

Maybe I'll just bring my own soap and do my part to clean up the environment. :spinny:

I am an independent agent and as many of you I am affiliated with many different companies on the life, annuity and P&C side. The issue I run into is I don’t want to seem “small” to my clients and prospects. An agent from NY Life, Mass, Etc use their main company as the brand which can help or hurt them but they have a corporation. How or what does everyone do to stand apart? Do you use your name “John Smith Insurance Planning” or do you have a DBA? From my understanding you can use your name without having to register it with the DOBI but I have kicked around creating a DBA but then I feel I lose myself. Any suggestions?

Develop a USP:

whats unique about your agency versus your competitors why
should we do business with you?
who can you serve better than anymore else?
any particular affinities or specialized knowledge that you have?

what can you offer that most can't?

Businesses compete on price, brands don't!

Last edited:
My agency is my last name [The blank Group ] Independent Insurance Agency with my logo. I had to do this due to me 1st being a Farmers Agent I already had an office and a sign. I needed to change the sign per my contract and since I bought it anyway, I might as well use it. But my biz cards have my big picture on them and my logo.
I brand myself as the woman who does community things, child summer craft projects, the woman who drives to client homes in the winter, 24/7 agency, and the lady who takes the elderly grocery shopping.
I get more referrals because of what I do for the community rather than the brand

Back