How do you create value and loyalty with your clients/customers?

Value =

All my business comes through networking and a very deliberate and structured process of asking for referrals. So, once I start talking to them, they have already been introduced to me as an expert by someone they trust. If I was just some guy that knocked on their door, or "some internet guy" they found online, I'd have a lot of work to do.

Loyalty =

I treat them they way I want to be treated. I don't give them any reason to go anywhere else.

Provide them with a result that they can't get anywhere else. How we communicate is an immense way of creating value. Don't discount packaging... and our words are our packaging.

What do you mean by that?

This may apply more for life insurance and annuities than it does for commercial lines, but our words have the power to create meaning... or to completely detract from the subject at hand.

Bhupinder Anand, my friend from "across the pond", spoke about the power of words. Let's suppose you have a client who applies for life insurance and it comes back rated (below standard) due to their build. How do we tell them? You could say "You're really too large for standard pricing"... or you could say "The underwriting team determined that you're a bit under-height to warrant standard pricing." Have a big smile and realize that they know it too.

Any insight shared is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Be an advocate vs a salesperson.

I tell people straight up that if they have a great plan that I can't do better with.. I won't sell them otherwise.

Secondly, I'm a firm believer in offering exclusivity...

I don't take on all calls. Very early in the process I tell people that I'm more interested in making sure we're a good fit. If I don't fit their needs or they don't fit my customer profile, I'll refer them out to someone else.

Finally, deliver more than everyone else.

Most agents take applications and you MIGHT get a thank you note.

Everyone that calls me gets a free gift and thank you (which I never market or offer up front.) When someone purchases from me, they get a welcome package including a branded coffee mug, multiple cards, a hand written thank you note.

Reactions: DHK
The most important thing to be an advocate. If your clients know that you are looking out for their best interest and finding the right policy, it builds overtime.
Our clients are family and we treat you like family at GBK Insurance. We are always looking out for the best deal possible on all our policies

Back